Filmmaker Swan

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is that your music as well? Very moody.

Yeah, and this time it was made specifically for the video (the others just used songs I had made in the past).

I'm actually really happy with this one. Matt and I were talking via PM - he made a good point, that I should be making whatever art I make for myself before I make it for anyone else. I've always felt that way, but getting the reminder helped put my goals into perspective.

One thing I want to do is start a visual diary, where I collect random footage and once I have collected a bit of new material, make a montage/collage. So Smash is basically "Footage Montage #1", I guess.

It would be neat if it was always Pollock-y like that, but who knows what I'll do in the future.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Still better movies than Charlie Angels (backstabbing @honeykid again!)
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

It gives me a headache and boner at the same time.
Well, that's it. I don't think I'll ever get a better compliment than that.

Demon is pretty damn creepy! Well done.

Thanks Dani! And thanks to you and anyone else for taking the time to watch these. Having the support to just do my own thing is definitely encouraging.

Another music choice that's spot on.

Water/Plant

Minor mood piece is really just more filmmaking practice with my buddy. Put some more of my equipment to use, hopefully it shows. First attempt at some audio work - I think that shows. Need to invest in a good shotgun mic.

My plan is to get to the point where I'm comfortable enough with my process and equipment that I can make an actual narrative short film (though much longer compared to these) from script to screen. It's exciting to think about. I still haven't executed anything I've written.

Water/Plant

Minor mood piece is really just more filmmaking practice with my buddy. Put some more of my equipment to use, hopefully it shows. First attempt at some audio work - I think that shows. Need to invest in a good shotgun mic.

My plan is to get to the point where I'm comfortable enough with my process and equipment that I can make an actual narrative short film (though much longer compared to these) from script to screen. It's exciting to think about. I still haven't executed anything I've written.

Great stuff! I'm in the same boat as you. I've dabbled in stop motion and abstraction for practice, and need to move on to some narratives. This is quality though. Respect for putting it out.

Loving that you're getting a head of steam up with your film-making .... will be catching up on what you've posted in this thread in the coming week as things will be back to normal here.

Just caught up and there's some nice stuff in there man - the choice of music is especially nice
Looking forward to you dropping something a bit longer that puts a little more meat on the bone at some point.

Thanks Chyp! Yeah, still need to execute a script, which will bring more length and content I'm sure.

Object

This one is super brief, and I do wish it were a bit longer. But it actually took a lot more effort than the others, more than you might think. Getting the shots right, editing - all fun but definitely challenging. And yet, that challenge kind of is the fun of it all. That's what I'm finding with this stuff. It's a lot of problem solving, but with the right mindset that can be as much a joy as it is a task. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Another plus: I think the final product is a lot better than what I had initially envisioned. Not sure if that means much, though.