Top 100 Movies

→ in
Tools    

81. Genocyber (1994)

Extremely violent, it's perhaps the most violent animation ever made and hence it had to make my favorites list. I first watched it when I was about 9 years old (as Brazilian TV channels though it was ok to show this on TV because it's animated, although they showed those violent OVAs on Friday nights around 8 PM). Overall, excellent example of early adult animation.

@cricket, I haven't. I planned watching it actually but I gave up. Might be a good time to watch it.

Continuing with the list.

79. Werkermeister Harmonies (2000)

For a slight change relative to Rocky, I put Werkermeister Harmonies in the list. Its indeed an unique experience: have not watched anything like it (besides the other Tarr movies). This is visual music: it is pure cinema without any elements of literature in it's constitution.

78. American Movie (1998)

Now this is the essence of the purpose of artistic feeling. I actually envy these two guys as they just do what they want to do without regard for adhering to society. Also kudos for showing up in an Iron Maiden T shirt.

77. Fanny and Alexander (1982)

Now this is a movie. Like: look, this is how a good drama movie should be. Even though it's actually TV show. Well, anyway, it's the most European thing I ever watched and I watched a bunch of European stuff!

I love Fanny & Alexander

76. A Silent Voice (2016)

This one was amazingly realistic animated drama movie. I read the manga a couple of years ago and it was one of the best manga ever, then I heard it was going to be adapted into a movie by Naoko Yamada, who also directed K-On!, so I knew it was going to be great and indeed it was so much I put into into my top 100.

74. Mad Max Fury Road (2015)

Incredible movie. My favorite recent blockbuster movie and true to the spirit of The Road Warrior. This movie is pure metal: over the top just the way I like it.

Looks like a great list so far.

Drive, Planet of the Apes, The Godfather, The Fly and Mad Max: Fury Road are all favourites of mine

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

73. Schindler's List (1993)

Some call it manipulative but I loved it. It's like my Hachi a dog's tale style of movie: an effective emotional cry fest. Although I didn't cry at the stones ending, I though that was a bit too much, even though it was real.

72. City of God (2002)

While Brazilian cinema is not well regarded even locally (a Brazilian director even said it was the worst cinema in the world), sometimes we make some gems. I think that City of God is the only Brazilian movie that I watched several times and indeed it is very exceptional.