What should the next Mofo Top 100 Countdown be?

Tools    

What should the next Countdown be?
31.82%
14 votes
All Time Top 100
27.27%
12 votes
2000s
15.91%
7 votes
2010s
2.27%
1 votes
Action
2.27%
1 votes
Black & White Films
2.27%
1 votes
Comedy
0%
0 votes
Fantasy
4.55%
2 votes
Foreign Lanuage
0%
0 votes
Musicals
6.82%
3 votes
Noir
4.55%
2 votes
War
2.27%
1 votes
Other
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I only have one question right now...Yoda, how about a Top 250, with ballots up to 50 movies and a minimum, of 25? It could be epic!

MoFo Top 1000 to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
Submit your Top 100...

I chose comedy before I realized everyone decided to wage a war between All Time Top 100 and 2000's.

I voted 2010s. But let's just do another countdown
Amen to that. I don't care which one we do, but yeah let's get this going....I'm sure anyone who wants to vote has voted already, and we always allow the host to have input too and Yoda was for the All Time countdown, which will be fun!...Yoda can you start the Pre-Countdown thread? The natives are getting restless.

Amen to that. I don't care which one we do, but yeah let's get this going....I'm sure anyone who wants to vote has voted already, and we always allow the host to have input too and Yoda was for the All Time countdown, which will be fun!...Yoda can you start the Pre-Countdown thread? The natives are getting restless.
Seems to me that nothing's been decided yet. Voting is tied and the poll has only been up for a few days.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I mean, at least settle it in, and then give us our 3-4 usual months to cram filmwatching in. If it's an all time 100, maybe we wouldn't need much time though.

Appreciate the enthusiasm, but yeah, few more days for voting, at least, is reasonable and won’t matter too much in the long run.

Maybe give people the option to pick a second choice if what they chose is way back, too.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I mean, at least settle it in, and then give us our 3-4 usual months to cram filmwatching in. If it's an all time 100, maybe we wouldn't need much time though.
Yea I think most movie watchers of this site have a fairly entrenched view of their own top 25/50.

The hard part is the order and what to leave out.

I'm still holding out hope for a last minute surge of popularity for action films. I know you're all secret fans, you can admit it...

Welcome to the human race...
You're welcome to look up the unofficial one from a few years back. I'm not too fond of that one for a multitude of reasons, whether it was because it showed that people's definition of "action movie" was extremely loose (somehow The Thing was an honourable mention - I love it and all, but it's not an action movie) or baffling wins and losses (like Under Siege making the list but not a single Jackie Chan movie).

You're welcome to look up the unofficial one from a few years back. I'm not too fond of that one for a multitude of reasons, whether it was because it showed that people's definition of "action movie" was extremely loose (somehow The Thing was an honourable mention - I love it and all, but it's not an action movie) or baffling wins and losses (like Under Siege making the list but not a single Jackie Chan movie).

I'm not a huge Jackie Chan fan so that doesn't really bother me. Obviously Under Siege is a classic action film; no list would be complete without it.

We have a winner for now, are we going ahead or waiting a bit longer?

I'm not a huge Jackie Chan fan so that doesn't really bother me. Obviously Under Siege is a classic action film; no list would be complete without it.
Quoted for truth.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=46011

Well two came close...seems to me that list illustrates the need for subgenres, and the dangers of "general" lists.

Well two came close...seems to me that list illustrates the need for subgenres, and the dangers of "general" lists.
Do you mean subgenre countdowns? I'd assume that it would exponentially increase the heated arguments about what is or isn't a suitable film. I also don't see a film or an actor missing from the list as a danger (unless you consider different tastes and opinions as dangerous).

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Appreciate the enthusiasm, but yeah, few more days for voting, at least, is reasonable and won’t matter too much in the long run.

Maybe give people the option to pick a second choice if what they chose is way back, too.