Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

3 that make it. There's gotta be someone else that will get 3 or more too, but I can't think of who.
I can think of a few with possibilities; weak or strong, but possibilities nonetheless... Tarantino, Scorsese, Nolan, Rian Johnson, Fincher, the Russo brothers, Waititi, Garland, Wes Anderson... heck, even Ryan Coogler has a very slim outside chance.

I have a pretty good idea of what my top four will be, I think there's a pretty clear tier there, but after that it's kind of a mish-mash that's going to be very hard to rank.

I still have nine films I'm planning to watch, which I expect I'll be done with by Sunday evening.

I'm about 99% sure of which films I'm going to vote for, but I've rearranged them so many times its ridiculous. I'll probably allow myself one last shuffle after I've completed my watchlist and then I'll vote so I can quit agonizing over it.

Safdie brothers have an outside chance for three, or maybe it's only I who loves them.
I've got at least one from them that's pretty, pre-tay high on my list.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I knew this would be tough, but damn.

Being born in 1995, most of the movies I grew up with - at least as a (growing) cinephile - was in the 00s and 10s. So it's clear to say that this 2010s list is a pain in the a** to put together for me.

I started out with 73 movies when compiling my list and now I have it narrowed down to 45. Still quite a way to go until I reach 25

I'm gonna be submitting my list soon. I have a few movies I need to watch first so it's not loaded with superhero movies.

Also, the current top 10 is looking pretty promising right now. I haven't seen one of the current films on it and I'm not looking forward to the inevitable high placement of another film on there, but the other eight are really good/great.

Alright, it has been sent.

I don't see myself have much time for more watches/rewatches, so I thought I might as well just get it done and sent. I could probably rearrange forever, but you gotta finish it sometime. I also tried to kind of do a mix of mostly favorites/greats sprinkled with just a few that I think deserve some more recognition.

Looking forward to the countdown.

MM's ballot is #35, giving us exactly 500 distinct films with at least one point now.

Just over a week left, and from past experience I know a lot of you slackers are gonna wait until the last few days...

(I'm one of the slackers.)

Oh and annoying banners and glowy things reminding you do this (swiftly followed by annoying PMs) are imminent. The annoying barrage starts tomorrow!

I might be submitting mine in the next minutes. There's a chance I might watch Mad Max: Fury Road at some point soon, but I don't wanna postpone this any longer, and I don't think that film is gonna need my help to get in so