The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Matt which sites are you visiting in the San Francisco area? BTW it's a great place to visit.
I came here mostly to see Mort Sahl, at the Throckmorton Theater. I was watching the show every Thursday, and he kept mentioning a film series, watching and talking.. I even asked the owner if they would start before the 25th (when I leave) she thought so, but they start the 27th unfortunately.

I've spent both Thursdays there, a lot of time at book stores, mostly City Lights. I went to Berkeley to check out a few film museum/archives - one was under construction, one doesn't open til next week, the other wasn't open to the public (just students).. I'm at a Cafe now, ostensibly to use the internet, but keeping an open eye (and ears) for a conversation, and just had one with an aspiring actress who plans on going to LA tomorrow.

My toes are killing me from the crazy roads, but I can suffer when I'm back in Michigan

(Now these guys in front of me are talking about Greek tragedy theater)

I think people realise that, it's just that they prefer it that way.
I'm not so sure about that. When I'm asked what I'm doing in SF, I try to throw it in there, how more difficult it is talking when everyone is on the cell phone, and everyone agrees (at least face to face).

I think some of it is context - if everyone is doing it, people follow. Some people might be frightened, or in the least, not brave socially and more of a prop. I know if I had internet on my phone I would use it, and it would be a distraction. I try not to put on my earphones unless I know there's nothing. But I just had a good conversation, and I know probability plays a role, so I will try to come to this cafe as much as possible before I leave.

Sounds like it's your kind of place Matt! I was listening a few days ago to a BBC report about lead poisoning in your water in Flint. That's very worrying

My grandfather was the biggest farmer in the area. He was the first man in Tyrone to have a Ferguson tractor when most farmers were still using horses. The house he and my granny built when they retired is now mine and there are a few fields with it.

I've got the use of them plus whatever I need from the family farm a quarter mile away.

It's not exactly a major money spinner but the pocket money is handy, especially when I want a new TV.
Isn't it lovely that you went away for so many years and then came back to your roots and you had that stable family base still back there for you. It's a great thing to be appreciated
Seeing what your grandad did, that's where you get your technological skills from!

Next time Superman is rebooted, cricket should play Lex Luthor.

Last day in SF

This woman was preaching, something

The third theater I've been to

I saw "Deception" and "Humoreque" (not very good, and neither was the talkative audience)

I went upstairs, but I wouldn't proceed for $30 or $40. Anyway the woman asks "Where are you from? How long are you in SF for? - I replied, "Shouldn't you already know this? Ha Ha." but answered her since she wasn't legit like all the other tarot reading psychics

I went upstairs, but I wouldn't proceed for $30 or $40. Anyway the woman asks "Where are you from? How long are you in SF for? - I replied, "Shouldn't you already know this? Ha Ha." but answered her since she wasn't legit like all the other tarot reading psychics
Oohhhhh. Mildred's. Yes. Psychic Mildred of San Francisco. Yes, she's not a real psychic. HOWEVER, she's one of the best in the world at putting curses on people. You, Sir, are cursed now, buster. Nobody mocks Mildred and doesn't pay the $40 fee when you go upstairs. OHHHHHHH, are you cursed. You better go right back there and give her $500. And that's MINIMUM. You'll usually still feel the effects of the curse even after that, though she'll decrease the strength. She never lets anyone get totally away. Dreadful old bat.

Next time, visit Marla across the street. She's a drag queen psychic and she's one of the nicest in the town. She also does more than psychic readings, if you catch my drift.

Oohhhhh. Mildred's. Yes. Psychic Mildred of San Francisco. Yes, she's not a real psychic. HOWEVER, she's one of the best in the world at putting curses on people. You, Sir, are cursed now, buster. Nobody mocks Mildred and doesn't pay the $40 fee when you go upstairs. OHHHHHHH, are you cursed. You better go right back there and give her $500. And that's MINIMUM. You'll usually still feel the effects of the curse even after that, though she'll decrease the strength. She never lets anyone get totally away. Dreadful old bat.

Next time, visit Marla across the street. She's a drag queen psychic and she's one of the nicest in the town. She also does more than psychic readings, if you catch my drift.
I read reviews a few hours ago - 90% were very bad reviews, how after a few minutes of blabber only SHE can take away "negative energy" for $399.95 (what a special).. I'm the least superstitious person on earth, but I thought for $10 or $20, let's see how far off she is, or how vague, for a laugh, but there was no one way I'd pay $30, or even $3 - a real psychic would have known exactly how long I was staying in SF

I read reviews a few hours ago - 90% were very bad reviews, how after a few minutes of blabber only SHE can take away "negative energy" for $399.95 (what a special).. I'm the least superstitious person on earth, but I thought for $10 or $20, let's see how far off she is, or how vague, for a laugh, but there was no one way I'd pay $30, or even $3 - a real psychic would have known exactly how long I was staying in SF
Oh, she's charging $100 less now to remove the curses, eh? What a bitch. Those bad reviews are probably starting to get to her. GIVE HER ANOTHER ONE!

I worked a few blocks from the Embarcadero Cinemas there in SF, and I loved seeing movies at The Castro. I lived in San Francisco in 1995 and 1996. Haven't really been back since, but not because I didn't love it. I definitely need to get back for a vacation at some point, myself.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I worked a few blocks from the Embarcadero Cinemas there in SF, and I loved seeing movies at The Castro. I lived in San Francisco in 1995 and 1996. Haven't really been back since, but not because I didn't love it. I definitely need to get back for a vacation at some point, myself.
It's a beautiful theater, and they show a wide variety.

If you ever go back, even for a vacation, I'm very curious about your input, like how the place has changed. I've talked to a lot of people who lament, usually for the same reasons.

on the bastion of a medieval fortress built by the portuguese in india , at the mouth of a river where it strategically joins the sea---

with one of the medieval canons on the fort---

I shopped here almost every day. Very expensive food, but tasted great, never had stomach aches.

"Words of Wisdom, Lloyd, words of wisdom"

The Cafe I hung out almost every day, the place to get on this site when my connection at the apartment wasn't working

Flight left at 11:45pm, didn't get home til 11am, didn't sleep til midnight... I'm still waking up at 5-6am

The greatest airport on Earth (Flint Bishop International Airport)