10 year search for a movie

Tools    

I really hope someone can help? I’ve been searching for what I believe is a movie I saw about 10 years ago but can’t remember what it was called. I can clearly remember that one scene from the movie was set in an office block overlooking something that would clearly give away the location. A photo was then taken for the newspaper so someone would know exactly where that person was. Not sure if it was to lure a killer etc. This has been a quest for about 10 years so if anyone can remotely understand what I mean and make a suggestion I’d be eternally grateful.
Lee

freedom~empathy~peace
Something about this sounds familiar to me, but I'm afraid I don't have anything much to offer in the way of suggestions.

I thought perhaps something like the scene you describe might have occurred in an episode of the UK 'Sherlock' series, but I'm really just speculating -- it's been a while since I watched that show. The first episodes of Sherlock were in 2010, so the time-frame is right.

I thought perhaps something like the scene you describe might have occurred in an episode of the UK 'Sherlock' series.
The fourth episode, "The Great Game", does have the picture of the River Thames which leads them to a body - a clue.

I really hope someone can help? I’ve been searching for what I believe is a movie I saw about 10 years ago but can’t remember what it was called. I can clearly remember that one scene from the movie was set in an office block overlooking something that would clearly give away the location. A photo was then taken for the newspaper so someone would know exactly where that person was. Not sure if it was to lure a killer etc. This has been a quest for about 10 years so if anyone can remotely understand what I mean and make a suggestion I’d be eternally grateful.
Lee
Sounds like Manhunter/Red Dragon ?
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Sounds like Manhunter/Red Dragon ?
This was my first thought.

There's a scene in Manhunter where they run a story to provoke the killer (by saying things about his past and motivations). They intentionally photograph in a way so that the killer will come after Will.

This was my first thought.

There's a scene in Manhunter where they run a story to provoke the killer (by saying things about his past and motivations). They intentionally photograph in a way so that the killer will come after Will.
Yep but instead the tooth fairy goes after the reporter guy

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Not sure if this is the one you are looking for, but I remember a scene where the expert required proof the person he is looking for & hopefully save was still alive.

Movie Proof Of Life (2000)