MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I sussed it out when he offered me someone and then dropped them the next day.

Ah, the ol' TONGO special!

Because I'm a glutton for punishment I looked around a bit and as far as I can tell, the Verlander injury might literally be a 12-14 point standings difference right now. Friggin' yikes.

Dont do that to yourself man. We all got those. I could easily say I'd be at least another 5 points up if I had Soto all year.

Besides, it's way more torture following players you drop and watching them perform well for the competition. Especially when it's a guy I didn't really want to drop in the first place. Ha!

One of the worst things every year is being on breakout or rebound guys super early but having a glut at that position (or the categories they most contribute to), so you just have to sit there and wait for someone who actually needs that stuff to benefit weeks later. Gah.

Way to go Mikey! Your team looks good, man. Crunch time baby! Let's rock....
Getting down to the wire! I have made some garbage moves over the past couple of days; I hope they don't bite me in the ass in the home stretch!

Oh snap! Look at Seds surge!

Quick, fire LEM so you dont have to share credit if you win.

Ah, I think you illustrate exactly why ya keep him on Tongs. If he doesn't win the blame can go both ways my friend. Personally, I'd love to read an end of the year report on how Lem f*cked up and totally took the team off the rails in the season's final moments. But that might just be me

Assuming Mike had more to do with the draft, I think Mike's the one that would deserve the credit, just looking at the team. The fiddling mostly seems like a wash, but the production out of the early and mid-round picks (the latter in particular) is why he's duking it out in the end.

For some reason, Lem never wants anything to do with the draft, so that was all me. The way the team runs is that Lem and I run a chat during the day talking about moves and management, and Lem does a lot of the actual moves in the app, as I am super busy at work and he works nights, so has nothing to do all day but watch trends and read about injuries etc.

We talked about it preseason, but somebody's gonna go bonkers over a 60-game stretch (particularly with batting average or something), big issue is if it's someone who was basically free or at least mid-round. If you win it's because of Darvish/Abreu/Turner, no question. You had a great draft.

Roster churn can easily be a net loss, and the primary challenge is actually finding ways to evaluate it after the fact, since otherwise the person will have no idea if it's even a net gain or not.

We talked about it preseason, but somebody's gonna go bonkers over a 60-game stretch (particularly with batting average or something), big issue is if it's someone who was basically free or at least mid-round. If you win it's because of Darvish/Abreu/Turner, no question. You had a great draft.

Roster churn can easily be a net loss, and the primary challenge is actually finding ways to evaluate it after the fact, since otherwise the person will have no idea if it's even a net gain or not.
It's funny, because Turner stumbled out of the gate, but has been on an absolute tear ever since. Of course, now that I say that, he will stagger across the finish line in a slump...

Heh. Turner's the least important of those, though, because you still spent a high pick on him. Even if those guys go nuts, you were probably "paying for" most of it. When the guys from the 5th to the 10th produce first-round value over a season like this, though, that's how you win. Darvish and Abreu are your MVPs.

60 games definitely feels like the absolute minimum they could play to be worthwhile for baseball or fantasy purposes. Was really hoping they'd at least get that up to half a season, but no.

So weird to think right about now, in a normal season, I'd just be starting to decide which guys were for real, which slumps were gonna stick, etc. Baseball's a game predicated on things working themselves out in the long run, and yet we're playing with no long run. Totally different game, really.