RIP George A. Romero

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
wow so many leaving the mortal coil these days there probably should be a vale subforum, but that seems a bit morbid.

Vale.

Was about to make the thread myself.

One of the all time greats in cinema. He defined a whole genre. What an accomplishment. Rest in peace (unless you come back to life again soon... well, until then, RIP)

Awwwwww shoot

Hopefully he'll come back!!

R.I.P.

I just watched a doc about his first film, and was wondering how he would end up concluding his Dead series. Bummer he never will be able to. RIP.

This might just do nobody any good.

Fun fact: George and Martin Scorsese used to compete for a movies at their local video store.

Sad stuff, love the Dead films (first three at least) and really like Creepshow. Should check some of his other stuff out. I honestly thought he was already dead for some reason.

RIP

Posted this in my Facebook page. My little write up for him.

George A Romero, one of the most influential filmmakers of all time, has passed at the age of 77.

Romero is responsible for all modern day horror movies, when he started in 1968 with Night Of The Living Dead, and carried on with the iconic 1978 movie "Dawn Of The Dead", and 1985's Day Of The Dead and the rest of his Dead Series.

Other movies include The Crazies (which was a huge taboo movie), Martin (1978) and The Dark Half (1993).

Romero broke many a mold by casting black and female actors and actresses in roles when blacks and females in lead roles were unheard of, especially in horror movies and for including taboo subjects in his films, including themes of sex, incest and rape, cannibalism, gore, violence and pure stylism.

George, a heavy chain smoker for his entire life (known for smoking up to 60 a day), died of lung cancer yesterday, July 16, 2017.

Rest in peace, George.

A true pioneer of movie making. You really did break the mold.

He died at 77 years old

Legend. Again horror Im sad
I'm usually surprised at how old some people are, but for some reason I thought Romero was a lot older.
NOTLD came out when I was only 3 years old.

I'm usually surprised at how old some people are, but for some reason I thought Romero was a lot older.
NOTLD came out when I was only 3 years old.
Same, think that's why i thought he was already dead. He was only 28 when Night of the Living Dead came out, very impressive. Same age PTA was when Magnolia came out.