What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Michael Nyman - Nose-list song

The Kinks - People take pictures of each other

Here's one for the people in the shoutbox conversation about sampling/rip-off-artists (see also Nose-list song above: lyrics by Laurence Sterne)

How good are Coil would you say, lines? I saw Black Antlers top off more than one end-of-decade list.

How good are Coil would you say, lines? I saw Black Antlers top off more than one end-of-decade list.
I haven't heard Black Antlers, but I know wintertriangles really likes their later stuff. I like Coil a lot too. They're a little uneven (but still way more consistently good than Psychic TV, Chris & Cosey or Trobbing Gristle), but for me the only ones who can really top them in the industrial "cannon" are Foetus and Einsturzende Neubauten.

wintertriangles would be the one to ask more about their music post-Love's Secret Domain (the album I posted from) but I especially like Horse Rotorvator.

The People's Republic of Clogher
RIP Gerry Rafferty

The People's Republic of Clogher
Bonnie Prince Billy - A King At Night

Dunno quite why this always puts me in mind of Robert Frost's Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening. But it does.

Garth Brooks - ...In the Life of Chris Gaines

Even though the movie project this was supposed to be a prelude to all fell apart and the whole "Chris Gaines" deal became a sad joke, this is one of my favorite Garth Brooks albums. I think it's given an unfair bad reputation because of the split-personality thing.