What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

A Sorta Fairytale ~ Tori Amos

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mine (1989)

Midnight Oil were probably the most sincerely politically committed band of their time. And they were never ever dull, with a collection of the bestest most fist-pumpingest choruses going. They were damned good live too...

Peter Garrett has always been one of my Rock Heroes and, now that he's actually a labour politician (Shadow Minister for Climate Change, Environment & Heritage and The Arts in the Aussie Parliament, no less), has been elevated even higher in my eyes.

One of my favourites of the Oils

Peter Garrett went up in my estimation when he stopped being a lawyer

One of my favourites of the Oils

Peter Garrett went up in my estimation when he stopped being a lawyer
Just by looking at the still I knew it would be Beds Are Burning.

I knew Garret studied Law, didn't realise he actually practised it. He's gone up even further in my estimation then - anyone who turns their back on that kind of paycheque for a decade's worth of playing in dodgy bars before finally getting their break deserves it. Oh, and dancin' like you're having a mild epileptic fit helps too.

I remember fancying the girl wearing black in the video when the song was in the charts (hard to believe it's 20-odd years ago now) and watching it again, I still do...

Midnight Oil's video director must have had an easy job, eh? "Ok lads, I've got a camera, a 'ute' and the outback's that-a-way!"

Caity - Have you heard the Thin Lizzy version? I was always a fan of The Dubliners' take on the song myself. Poor old Ronnie Drew's not too well right now and his wife died a few months back.

Warning - White men wearing massive afros and huge beards aplenty in this video!

Caity - Have you heard the Thin Lizzy version? I was always a fan of The Dubliners' take on the song myself. Poor old Ronnie Drew's not too well right now and his wife died a few months back.

Oh yeah… I love Thin Lizzy and The Dubliner's versions too… as a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever heard a bad version of 'Whiskey' … Metallica's is just my favorite (so far)… it brings back a lot of memories… especially one of my brother, a couple of cousins (one whose nickname is T-Rex )… and yours truly after one shot too many climbing on the bar and doing our own rendition of an Irish jig…

'Tis sad about Ronnie's health and recent his loss…

Legend of Wooley Swamp

Not the video I was looking for, but the song is right.

WOW, I hit play on every Youtube link on this page at the same time...amazingly confusing and stupid thing to do.

and yours truly after one shot too many climbing on the bar and doing our own rendition of an Irish jig…

A drunken New Orleans Irish jig? I'm booking a flight!

Anyway:

New Order - Crystal

Merely the best single of the 21st century. *cough* Well, I think so...

I'm sure Hooky and Barney wish they were this thin.