What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
NewOrder - Turn

If the rumours are true, my favourite band split up earlier this month. They've had a hiatus before but I've got a funny feeling that this one might be permanent.

Barney, Hooky, Gillian & Stephen produced a soundtrack for 20 years of my life and, if the above song from their last album was anything to go by, were still capable of some fantastic pop songs.

Don't try and deny it - Hooky says it's true.

Who's that, Caity?

You might appreciate this one. When I think of New Orleans music there's only one guy who comes to mind.

Doctor John - Right Place Wrong Time

He's got a flabergasting hat, too.

Who's that, Caity?
The one and only Arlo Guthrie…. Dylan and Cash also recorded The City of New Orleans but I've always loved Arlo's version the best…. and lately, "The City of New Orleans" has been rocking me to sleep on a fairly regular basis....

You might appreciate this one. When I think of New Orleans music there's only one guy who comes to mind.

Doctor John - Right Place Wrong Time

He's got a flabergasting hat, too.

Oooo.... I love Dr. John... flabergasing hat and all... New Orleans would not be the same without him.... Did you know he played the guitar instead of the piano early in his career but had to change after he got shot in his hand?

One of the songs I've heard the most (by various bands) in 'Nawlins would have to be this one....

The one and only Arlo Guthrie…. Dylan and Cash also recorded The City of New Orleans but I've always loved Arlo's version the best…. and lately, "The City of New Orleans" has been rocking me to sleep on a fairly regular basis....
That's a gap in my musical knowledge, then.

I know his dad though!

Oooo.... I love Dr. John... flabergasing hat and all... New Orleans would not be the same without him.... Did you know he played the guitar instead of the piano early in his career but had to change after he got shot in his hand?
Makes sense, actually - If you watched that track with the sound off you'd think it was some sort of hideous Elton John style campfest. It doesn't surprise me that Dr John started life as a guitar player - it's easier to project your personality onto an audience with a guitar. Jerry Lee Lewis and Tori Amos are two of the few who have figured out how to do that with the keyboard.

Of course, wearing a hat which looks like you've gutted a flamingo does the job too...

Here's a guy who's growing in popularity by the day in Ireland. Some say that he might become the new Christy Moore...

...Ok, I say that he might become the new Christy Moore.

Damien Dempsey - It's All Good

I couldn't track down the single version, which has backing vocals from The Queen of Ireland herself, Miss Sinead O'Connor.

That's a gap in my musical knowledge, then.

I know his dad though!
Ah.... but you might know Arlo a little better for his song Alice's Restaurant (couldn't find a decent clip)....

Here's a guy who's growing in popularity by the day in Ireland. Some say that he might become the new Christy Moore...

...Ok, I say that he might become the new Christy Moore.

Damien Dempsey - It's All Good

I couldn't track down the single version, which has backing vocals from The Queen of Ireland herself, Miss Sinead O'Connor.

Very nice.... ... Thanks.... I'll have to look for the single version because I love Miss O'Connor's voice....

I loved Alice's Restaurant,http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064002/ when it came out I was a young-an I am still looking for a copy of the movie I was in love with Arlo for many years

I love this thread it gives me my background music while I have my morning coffee