Name The musician/singer

Tools    

Gene Autry

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Double points if you know her & her husband. Both very famous. Maybe him more so.

The man in black is Daniel Barenboim, the Argentinian born concert pianist who was married to du Pre. Du Pre was past my time, but I am familiar with Barenboim.

I believe that @gbgoodies had the last correct answer.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I thought someone already guessed mine, but here's a new one:

Hall & Oates guy? Can’t remember which one he is.

No, not Hall or Oates.

He's a country music singer who was popular in the 1980s. Sadly, he died at the height of his career.

He's a country music singer who was popular in the 1980s. Sadly, he died at the height of his career.

This is the last clue before I reveal the answer. This is a picture of him with his then wife, (and sadly now his widow). Their duet song "'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose" was released in 1990, after his death.

No, not Hall or Oates.

This is the last clue before I reveal the answer. This is a picture of him with his then wife, (and sadly now his widow). Their duet song "'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose" was released in 1990, after his death.

Need a reveal. Nobody knows. Or cares, seems like.

The singer is Keith Whitley, and his widow is singer Lorrie Morgan.

I'm pretty sure I'm correct so I'm posting a new shot:
Yes, you're right about Shaffer.

Your new guy is obviously a bass player. Now we'll have to figure out which one.