Are men really that different from women?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Krackalackin

You're an idiot.
Thank you.

"Are men really different from women"

You're an idiot.
DO not change my words to be cool......
I said: "Are men really THAT different from women" go misquote someone else loser....

Originally Posted by Yoda
There are, of course, plenty of similarities (near-identical number of limbs, for example), but I tend to believe that there are, on average, some pretty profound emotional and pyschological differences between men and women.
I agree. This is why i can only laugh when I hear people denounce someone on a talkshow that says men and women are not equal.

Sorry about calling you an idiot 7thson. I didn't really mean it as an insult anyway but to my mind, as much as women want to be men (ha ha but it's by action true), men and women will always be different and it goes all way to our primordial instinct. Human beings will never on the whole change enough that we will expel from the instinctive yoke that we have embraced then been captive of. The role of the man is protect the woman, hunt for dinner, build the shelter, etc. The woman's role is to keep the shelter clean, raise the children, and look sexy doing it. One part of this feminism movement is to even out the control men have of this world. The other part is just trying to destroy tradition. I personally feel the idea of having women in the Fire Department is stupid. I'm also not for them in the army either. One of the reasons the army was started was to keep the nation's female citizens from being mass-attacked and raped. Personally, I liked it better when women wore just dresses. Now, they want to do every job men do, even ones they have no business doing, sensibly.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Now, they want to do every job men do, even ones they have no business doing, sensibly.
To be honest, I say, if they want to do it let them do it. Personally, I find that women that want a more involved role, and want to work hard jobs just have goals they want to accomplish, and that they can't do this by keeping with the standards of cleaning, cooking, etc.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I am having a nervous breakdance
Personally, I liked it better when women wore just dresses.
And you are how old? 85?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
And you are how old? 85?
Seems to be

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, I see this thread called "Are men really that different from women?" And I sit here laughing to myself and then click on it and find out it's somehow FOUR PAGES LONG.

I mean, how many posts does it take to just say, "Ummm, yes."

Geez.

Originally Posted by Austruck
Okay, I see this thread called "Are men really that different from women?" And I sit here laughing to myself and then click on it and find out it's somehow FOUR PAGES LONG.

I mean, how many posts does it take to just say, "Ummm, yes."

Geez.
Well what I was getting at originally is that when it comes to being naughty little girls you women are just as bad as us guys, I did not mean for it to get into an all encompossing statement. Sheshhh...women...

I really don't even see the debate. Sure, there are similarities. But there are differences. It all comes down to individualistic variances. But, most men are built differently. We are more adept at strength based activities.. As far as women go, they are more supple and built for more gymnastics based activities. If you notice, most women are NOT built for hard labor. When we see women who happen to be muscular -- they usually had to work at it (same with a lot of men, but nevertheless, it's true). As far as emotions go, every person is different. But the male is usually the more aggressive one. Whereas a woman tends to be more gentle. Basically, it comes down to the individual. I dislike generalizations like this.

Try this:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?art...49809EC588EEDF

Originally Posted by NewDawnFades
Basically, it comes down to the individual. I dislike generalizations like this.
So if it "basically" comes down to the individual gender does not play as big of a part as most think? Again, all I was getting at is that men and women both enjoy sex and also talking about it. The first part "enjoying" was not a big suprise to me, but the crudness shocked me when I listened in on an all female conversation one night. Regardless, in the long run, the bottom line, the end of the day stuff: We all understand what is important to us. Family, life, love, security, etc... We may not agree about on details, but hey we are all human ('cept Yoda that alien green midget)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by 7thson
So if it "basically" comes down to the individual gender does not play as big of a part as most think? Again, all I was getting at is that men and women both enjoy sex and also talking about it. The first part "enjoying" was not a big suprise to me, but the crudness shocked me when I listened in on an all female conversation one night. Regardless, in the long run, the bottom line, the end of the day stuff: We all understand what is important to us. Family, life, love, security, etc... We may not agree about on details, but hey we are all human ('cept Yoda that alien green midget)
I think gender plays a big part, but socially, not biologically. There are several biological differences between men and women but most things we traditionally see as characteristics for feminine or masculine behaviour are, I believe, socially constructed.

Personally I am not too fond of discussing sex in detail with everybody unless it's someone I have some kind of sexual relation to. I have met both men and women who are very outspoken about it - that part I think it's purely individual, to enjoy discussing it or not. It's more interesting to listen to women than your buddies though, that's for sure. I also believe that both men and women enjoy sex to a similar extent but the kind of sex that men and women enjoy probably differs between the genders. But to say that men are primitive and women like candles and dinner is of course to simplify it too much.

"Are men really different from women"

You're an idiot.

Thank you, but if you were paying attention I was referring to the areas of "sex" so yeah... We are not so different in the areas of emotion and desire when it comes to getting it on. So neener neener.!!!!!!!! Sorry had to answer about my idiocy again, although I am an idiot I am not a total one.

I think men and women are a lot more like each other than we think. It's only when I see people that are have gender role issues/expections/cultural influences, that creates differences, but deep rooted, as human beings, we're very much the same.

Men like to break things in order to have an excuse to make them work better. Women like to nag at us to make sure we do get around to fixing them. It's a wonderful circle.

And...

"Boys have penis'. Girls have vagina's." - Kindergarten Cop
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

You ready? You look ready.
Men like to break things in order to have an excuse to make them work better. Women like to nag at us to make sure we do get around to fixing them. It's a wonderful circle.
Actually, men are fixers and women are talkers. Men try and solve a problem while women, they just talk about it. Hence the reason why women should NEVER try and tell a man their problems.

When it comes to women and men, Dr. John Gray is a sheer genius. Don't believe me? Just read his BOOK.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Actually, men are fixers and women are talkers. Men try and solve a problem while women, they just talk about it. Hence the reason why women should NEVER try and tell a man their problems.

When it comes to women and men, Dr. John Gray is a sheer genius. Don't believe me? Just read his BOOK.
Generally, I think women will talk about a problem for longer than men before fixing it, ok. They certainly haven't cornered the market on talking a problem to death before fixing it, however.

And I think women talk to other people in order to talk about it before fixing it themselves, where men will talk to someone else about a problem ONLY if they think they need help fixing it. Again, this is generalization and certainly not true of everyone of either gender.

But to say that women only talk about problems and don't fix them is completely incorrect - and no truer for women than for men.