BANNED
"The death of one man is a tragedy;
the death of a million men is a statistic."
- Josef Stalin

I am having a nervous breakdance
"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history."

Friedrich Hegel

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Fifty-one percent of a nation can establish a totalitarian regime, suppress minorities and still remain democratic.

-Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

"There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people more easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the government."
-- Benjamin Franklin

(free advice: these quotes meant to implicate that our government is oppressive are pretty weak. Good luck trying to demonstrate said oppression)

People always have been and they always will be stupid victims of deceit and self-deception in politics.
-V. I. Lenin

I was in love with a beautiful Blonde once, dear. She drove me to drink.That's the one thing I'm indebted to her for.

W. C. Field's.

Evolution of democracy is not possible if we are not prepared to hear the other side.
-Mahatma Gandhi

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

That's what Ben thinks of your Patriot Act.

Way to ignore all the other Franklin quotes and single one out. Do you make a sport of intellectual dishonesty these days?

Let's examine your quote:

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."

Tell me, Sunny, what ESSENTIAL liberties have we sacrified? Or were you just trying to say someting pithy?

My life isn't written very well.
"Even peace may be purchased at too high a price."
Love this Quote Yoda. See? this is why I like you. You've got heart.

Sunfrog; I'm thinking Franklin said this because no one ever gives up essential liberties. It was more motivational than antagonistic.
What do you think it means?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Money talks all languages...............

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Quack, Quack, QUack................. A Duck

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
-George Carlin

I just like this one.

(Ben ment don't fight in the quote thread or Austruck will smack you)

I was unaware the last dozen years didn't count as part of your "entire life."
-Chris Yoda

Still no answer concerning your comment on the Franklin quote. Do you read the questions and DECIDE to ignore them? Or are you too wrapped up in your own views to notice?