Quote of the Day

Tools    

BANNED
Originally posted by Yoda
I'd also add that I can't see any real link between what you're ranting about and the quote Caitlyn posted. Powell's words were not just eloquent, but completely valid. Yet your response insinuates disagreement.

It's as if you feel the need to add a "but" to every pro-American statement.
a) I'm not ranting
b) Look a little more closely and you'll see the link
c) Powell's words were admirable, but, in the context of the current war, they are more than a little ironic and tragic
d) My response insinuates skepticism regarding the idealism voiced by Powell--not that I believe Powell to be less than admirable, but with respect to the administration as a whole and, in particular, President Bush.
e) My intention is, in no way, to contradict every pro-American statement! If you read through my posts, you will find that I have made numerous pro-American posts myself. It seems to me that you are insinuating that I am anti-American--that's just plain ludicrous. My purpose is to voice my deep skepticism with respect to the policies of the current administration. That's all.

BANNED
Originally posted by nebbit
'My Nerves could do use a drink'

Grace Kelly: To Catch a Thief
You said it, man!

My life isn't written very well.
"When you argue with a fool, remember he is doing the same."

--Chinese Proverb

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

BANNED
Okay, what're you implying here?

What?! It's my "Quote of the Day". After all that is the title of this thread isn't it? Of course, your being angry means I may have touched a nerve. Sorry.

BANNED
A very strategically place "quote of the day". If you are suggesting that my words are foolish, then explain yourself!

Originally posted by Django

a) I am being not at all condescending in my statements above. All I'm trying to do is point out that noble though Caitlyn's ideals are, she might be unaware of just how low politicians can sink in manipulating idealism to their advantage.
Django… let me set you straight on something… I am half Tsalagi… if you don’t know what that is… look it up and then come back here and tell me if there is any possible way I could be naïve enough not to know how low some politicians can sink…

Powell's words were admirable, but, in the context of the current war, they are more than a little ironic and tragic.
There are many things I could say to you… but my Enisi taught me never to scalp an unarmed opponent…

BTW... r66, I like your quote...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

BANNED
Well, Caitlyn, I would think you would be in a position to appreciate my sentiments all the more! How in God's name could you possibly support the belligerent policies of the current administration?

BANNED
Originally posted by r3port3r66
Django please...that is not what the quote means.
Well, maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand what it means! Maybe you could do me the favor of explaining what, exactly, it means!

Well, Caitlyn, I would think you would be in a position to appreciate my sentiments all the more! How in God's name could you possibly support the belligerent policies of the current administration?

And I would ask you why you would deny the people of Iraq the same thing you apparently came to America in search of…

If you're not smart enough to figure it out, then what would be the use of me explaining it to you?

You know, I think your views are much needed. I can see a lot of what you're saying. But Yoda's views are just as important and I think he represents his position very well too. Now if you go back and forth long enough with each other, you end up doing nobody any good and your leadership gets lost among your voices. Therefore it is sort of foolish to argue among yourselves for so long when your messages are clearly meant for different masses.

Also, you kind of scare me. You seem to get angry very quickly.

BANNED
Originally posted by Caitlyn

And I would ask you why you would deny the people of Iraq the same thing you apparently came to America in search of…
With all due respect, Caitlyn, that's a gross oversimplification of the situation!

BANNED
Originally posted by r3port3r66
If you're not smart enough to figure it out, then what would be the use of me explaining it to you?

You know, I think your views are much needed. I agree with a lot of what you say. But Yoda's views are just as important and I think he represents his position very well too. Now if you go back and forth long enough with each other, you end up doing nobody any good and your leadership gets lost among your voices. Therefore it is sort of foolish to argue among yourselves for so long when your messages are clearly meant for different masses.

Also, you kind of scare me. You seem to get angry very quickly.
Hey, those are words that Yoda needs to hear, not me! I've been trying to avoid argument all this while. I finally decided to take on Yoda's gauntlet after he has been slapping me in the face with it for quite awhile. Also, I didn't mean to scare you! I guess I just got a little touchy after debating with the esteemed Yoda and his profound intellect! Sorry!

With all due respect, Caitlyn, that's a gross oversimplification of the situation!

No… it’s not a gross oversimplification of the situation… it’s a simple question…

BANNED
Caitlyn, you're talking about ideals, I'm referring to politics. Not the same thing at all. Like I said above, politicians use ideals and idealism to justify their agenda. Their agenda is seldom what they would want you to believe. It's a complex issue and I, sadly, don't have the time to go into it in depth right now, but I hope I have got the point across.

Caitlyn, you're talking about ideals, I'm referring to politics. Not the same thing at all. Like I said above, politicians use ideals and idealism to justify their agenda. Their agenda is seldom what they would want you to believe. It's a complex issue and I, sadly, don't have the time to go into it in depth right now, but I hope I have got the point across.

All I did was ask you a simple question but I am not at all surprised that you don’t have the time nor the inclination to answer it...

BANNED
Originally posted by Caitlyn

All I did was ask you a simple question but I am not at all surprised that you don’t have the time nor the inclination to answer it...
Ah, Caitlyn, Caitlyn! It's not that I don't have the time or inclination! It's just that a message board is just not the place for that kind of a discussion. If you ever drop by San Francisco, I'd be glad to take you out for a drink or dinner and explain it to you in depth, but it just wouldn't be the same on a message board!