7thson's Cooking Thread

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm assuming when you say "sirloin steak", you don't mean Top Sirloin, do you? Also, I believe that I've lost my mind. Did I mention how I cook corn on the cob?

I'm assuming when you say "sirloin steak", you don't mean Top Sirloin, do you? Also, I believe that I've lost my mind. Did I mention how I cook corn on the cob?

It was just labled sirloin, so not sure what cut it was, but it turned out well. How do you cook your corn? Grilled?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I was just trying to understand why somebody would pound a top sirloin steak. It said sirloin and not sirloin tip? I can understand pounding round or chuck steak or stew meat if you're making deep-pit barbecue though.

As far as corn goes, I boil it, but the key is to not overboil it. I fill up the pot with water and toss in a bit of sugar and a bit of lemon (although as the years go by, I've noticed that is not necessary. Once the water is boiling, I add white corn. Once the corn starts to boil, I don't leave the fire on for more than a minute. After the minute, turn off the fire and let the corn sit ten minutes. When you eat it, it's certainly cooked, but it's sweet and crunchy. The cool thing about cooking it this way is that the corn can sit in the hot water for an hour or more and it will never get anywhere near soggy. It will be just as yummy, if perhaps not quite as hot. Oh, the key is to eat the corn as is Do NOT ADD anything else. No butter, margarine, salt, pepper. Add nothing. Give the natural flavor a chance. If for some reason you don't love it (hard to believe), go ahead and add what you want.

Just plain old sirloin, but either way we all loved the result. And hey, I like pounding things I am a redneck for goodness sake. As far as the corn goes, we are close in techniques, but I do add a spray of butter oil to the mix with some sea salt.

Looking back now I get your ? You think I was pounding to make it tender? Well not really but it did come to mind hence the tenderizer.I wanted to get the sauce deep into the meat. It did turn out very tender though, but I did not have time to marinate so I pounded the flavor in. Sometimes a square peg will fit into a round hole ya know.

Just fixed me a late snack. Not much (okay none at all) cooking to it, but it is yummy. Nothing new really, but I love taking honey/cinnamon graham crackers and putting then into a bowl and covering it with milk. Better than those cereals.

Yummy.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I just made not one, but TWO Ramen noodles packages

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Hey if you are gonna do it up, do it up big.
tommorow, I try for the big

3!

Colour out of Time
We fired up the BBQ last night

Pool Table loaded with salads and stuff ... the first wave of an endless feeding frenzy begins.

Me ladened with a glass of Shampoo and fresh grilled Shrimp on a stick, suddenly had to juggle a Jagermeister too.

looks like they had fun!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
What I really wanna know is whether anyone has had the TurDuckEn (Turkey, stuffed with Duck, which is stuffed with Chicken). Something about it sounds scrumptious!
It's O.K. You don't really taste the chicken at all and I prefer duck to be prepared a different way than you can really prepare turducken. I guess I would rather my poultry to stand alone.

My dogs eat a turducken dog food and vehemently disagree with me.

A system of cells interlinked
Thought I would post my Chili recipe, which I have worked on for some time now...

Sedai’s Chili (Crock Pot)

1˝ cups chopped onion
1/4 head garlic minced
1 Bell pepper chopped
2 cans kidney beans (15OZ)
1 can pinto beans (15OZ)
1 large jalapeno pepper sliced (keep seeds in)
1 habenero pepper, sliced (keep seeds)
1/2 can/bottle dark beer (Dos Equis, Tecate, or anything tasty) (optional)
1 29oz can tomato sauce
1 29oz can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste (for thickening, may have to adjust up or down)
2 lbs Turkey (pr beef, I prefer turkey) - ground
1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
˝ teaspoon sugar
˝ teaspoon oregano
˝ teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1˝ teaspoon cumin
˝ teaspoon allspice
Ľ cup chili powder

Chop veggies and peppers up. Make sure you wash your hands afterwards, or you will set your cat on fire when you pet it next. My cat hated this, yours might not. If this mixture seems to hot, remove the habenero (cough*wimp*cough).

Brown meat and drain off excess grease.

Open beans and Rinse well.

Put all the spices in the crock pot, add the tomato sauce and tomatoes, mix well.

Mix in the rest of the ingredients, making sure all is mixed together well.

Cook in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. When the chili is boiling along, it will be a bit soupy, but will thicken when it cools a bit.

Serve with tortillas or corn ships or whatever. Tasty cold beer goes well with the chili, but I have also had good luck with vodka drinks as well.

If someone complains that the chili is too hot, jam a jalapeno in their eye, bitch slap them, and tell them to take off their frippin skirt, the nancy.

Colour out of Time
Made this Carbonara-ish dish the other day ... 2 days of eating

3 Field Mushrooms finely chopped
2 Onions finely chopped
1 Green Capsicum finely chopped
4 Rashers of Bacon finely chopped
Fry all together.
add Cream
Sprinkle Chopped Chives, Sweet Paprika, Black Pepper, Parmesan Cheese and Lemon Pepper.
Bubble for a bit ... serve with pasta of choice.

Regarding Grits ... doesn't look like it is readily available in Australia

Tonight boys and girls, I will dine on Skippy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO