Diary of an Employee--sub topic: Your Work History

Tools    

I haven't done too much in the job department, but have done a lot of volunteer work and student placements.

Jobs:

- First, when I was young I used to help my father with landscaping. Basically I cut lawns and raked grass and leaves, and weeded gardens until I found out I am alergic to weeds.
- I used to babysit, like most adolecents do. Occationally, I will babysit for friends or family when needed.
- I worked as a runaround girl at a restaurant for two days.(never again)
-I worked in a University cafeteria for two weeks (horrible job)
- I worked as a parking lot attendent for a few months.(basically a money collector)
- I sometimes get paying gigs with bands that need an extra guitarist or a replacement guitarist for a night. But these are just local bands and the pay is not good. My last gig was 5 months ago.

Volunteer:
- I used to volunteer at a retirement home. I had to feed and visit with residents.
- I used to volunteer at the Humane's society but that only lasted a few weeks because the animals made me depressed and I spent too much time there.
- I volunteered at a day care.
- I volunteered at a soup kitchen because I often had to eat there myself a few years back.
- I volunteered at the food bank, also because I used to use their services.
- I volunteered at a woman's workshop for a few months. I organized group activities.
- I volunteered at a woman's shelter making dinner once a week and helping woman organize their schedules and set up appointments etc..

Student Placements:
I am in college currently and have placements
- Brain injury clinic
- Mental Health agency
- currently between placements (might be starting at a shelter or social service department)

I think thats it. I might have left some odd jobs out but that is the main stuff anyway.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I've gotten fired from a fast food job, for not washing my hands after I took a leak....... I was tired and getting sick.... heartless bastards.

I've also been rejected for a job because one of my contacts on my list decided to play a joke and try to be funny and make up some stories about me and my "escapades" needless to say he got what was coming to him.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I've gotten fired from a fast food job, for not washing my hands after I took a leak.......
is that you, Tyler Durden??

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by Chef Brian
- Worked in an engineering company handling Purchase Orders, but quit due to a big dumb blonde bitch trog woman for a supervisor.
[/i]

I'm going to use that string of insults next available opportunity.