Football Manager

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Hi my fellow managers,football fans and all of you other guys who find this game interesting.We have really active Football thread but when I looked around I couldn't find Football Manager thread,so that is why we are talking about this...In this thread post your stories,transfers,big games,funny facts,records,comebacks,if you have questions about game post it,questions about tactics,signings,financials,lower league managment,post it...Thread like this has a potential of becoming really active,even if you are not playing the game anymore you can still give advices and post your older stories.So yea let's start with my story,I want this thread to be active as I already said so I will start with my story/save that is happening right now.

My Eastleigh story:

They are the club from 6th English league (Skrill South),media predicts that Ill finish second but I hate play offs so Ill try for that no.1 and title.This club looks ambitious for someone in lower league(LL),you don't see that every day,I mean they have some really good players and big paychecks.First thing I done was I fired 10 players because they had to big paychecks and they were really bad players and I got a 8 new players,for free ofc...New players are better any I pay them less,stadium could be problem in future,for clubs in LL's important thing is to get money from tickets they sell and my stadium is really small,2000 people,in future I will need bigger stadium if I want to get some money.Pre-season was kinda bad,had only 2 wins,1draw and 4 defeats but that was because I got new players,team needed time etc...Season started good with 2 wins,both wins against teams that will fight for promotion,after that I had a bit of a bad form,draw with team that will fight to stay in the league and game after that I lost,but season is moving forward and I'm wining every game,I mean every game,really good form,my striker is doing really good having 15 goals in 12 games is really good,his finishing is 12,he is fast,agility is good and for LL that is really awesome,I'm in first position for now and I hope it will stay that way...It is not all good,I'm having financial problems,when I came to this club,they were spending 400k on paychecks now after my cut they are spending only 100k but somehow club is losing a lot of money,around 70-80k per month,I know that it is really hard for clubs in LL to gain money but this is too much,promotion would fix all of that ofc because next year I would gain more money from tickets but this is still to much money...In cup I played 2 games won both,they were really weak,non league clubs,I hope Ill stay in cup as much as possible because of...yea yea you guess it...money!When I played with Chester i had a bit of problem in 6th league then in 5th league I earned a lot of money via tickets so yea,I hope same thing will happen here.That is all for now guys,fell free to give some advices,to post your stories,questions etc...

Always good to see people managing their way up from the lower leagues, can make for some interesting games, looks like it's going well for you.

Once the January transfer window is over and the transfer patch update it released I will probably give the game a decent go, probably with the team I support, Cardiff.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Has anyone tried the Steam Workshop mods for FM2014, specifically the constantly updated data patch?

The Workshop seems a bit of a mixed bag - I got my competition and club logos there but had to travel further afield for my team strips. Maybe it's a licencing issue with the Premier League?

The official in-game editor is a welcome edition (it should be free though, come on SI!) so there's no need for FMRTE any more.

Has anyone tried the Steam Workshop mods for FM2014, specifically the constantly updated data patch?

The Workshop seems a bit of a mixed bag - I got my competition and club logos there but had to travel further afield for my team strips. Maybe it's a licencing issue with the Premier League?

The official in-game editor is a welcome edition (it should be free though, come on SI!) so there's no need for FMRTE any more.
Being a member of Football Manager Forums for the past few years I've always got my logos, kits etc. from there. If you guys want logos I'd recommend thse - http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/commun...download-area/ - which I actually designed

And I don't see why anyone would really want to use the in-game editor/FMRTE myself, well, it could be handy for experiments or having fun I guess, but it's never interested me. I think FMRTE started charging like £1 to get a license for it, and people were still buying it, so SI developed one themselves.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Nice one. I'll check those out.

I always used to get my stuff from Sortitoutsi but mainly use FM Scout now.

I use the editor a fair bit because, to me anyway, FM isn't a sim at all. It's a role-playing game and custom scenarios can be fun.

Want to give Glentoran a billionaire sugar daddy? Want to make Man City potless? Want to make Aaron Hughes the second coming of Franco Baresi? You can do that in a couple of clicks and in real time.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Nice one. I'll check those out.

I always used to get my stuff from Sortitoutsi but mainly use FM Scout now.

I use the editor a fair bit because, to me anyway, FM isn't a sim at all. It's a role-playing game and custom scenarios can be fun.

Want to give Glentoran a billionaire sugar daddy? Want to make Man City potless? Want to make Aaron Hughes the second coming of Franco Baresi? You can do that in a couple of clicks and in real time.
Yea FM scout is really awesome site,they have everything and it is secure I got all my things there.Ill post update to story when I reach half season.