Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

From what I saw in 2019 I thought pretty highly of Parasite, Little Women, The Lighthouse, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, The Farewell, Dolemite is My Name, and I Lost My Body. I actually haven't seen any of your top 5! (Though they are all on my watchlist).
I've only seen The Lighthouse out of those. I thought it was clearly worse than The VVitch and I was somewhat disappointed. Still pretty decent film (I gave it 3/5) but I was expecting more.

Parasite is on my watchlist and so is Portrait of a Lady on Fire. I haven't yet felt a massive urge to push them on top of it, though. The rest of those don't seem too interesting to me.

I've only seen The Lighthouse out of those. I thought it was clearly worse than The VVitch and I was somewhat disappointed. Still pretty decent film (I gave it 3/5) but I was expecting more.
I liked it a fair bit more than The Witch. I mean, it was so wonderfully over the top and I loved the set design and the look of the whole thing. I thought it was incredibly funny and I liked the mythology theme that it had going, vague though it was.

Parasite is on my watchlist and so is Portrait of a Lady on Fire. I haven't yet felt a massive urge to push them on top of it, though. The rest of those don't seem too interesting to me.
Those are both solid.

I felt like The Farewell was so solid from a character development and emotional point of view. It's that rare, PG-rated film that's for adults. I really like Awkwafina, but I thought that the whole cast really sold the family dynamic. It's certainly underseen, in my opinion.

If you ever end up watching Dolemite, My Name is Dolemite is an essential companion piece.