Terminator: Dark Fate

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I don't really get the impression that killing John off retroactively renders the first two movies meaningless - I've said it before, but it's the most interesting thing to do with the character, especially in regards to how it affects Sarah (who has always been the franchise's true hero, not John) and considering what the last few movies did with him. How do you find the will to fight when the last best hope for humanity has apparently been extinguished forever? It's also why I never hated Alien 3 for killing off certain characters at the beginning.

Also not getting the argument that there's a character with "0 weaknesses" - assuming it's Grace, I don't think of her as a Mary Sue either. She only has enhanced abilities on account of volunteering for cyborg implants and only under pain of death, plus the implants are clearly unreliable and cause her to essentially run on batteries that need constant replenishing (and even when they're working she's still not strong enough to beat an enemy Terminator single-handed). That's without mentioning the fact that, y'know, she's been fighting in the war for years on end so I figure she knows how to fight already. I'm also not sure what exactly about any of this is meant to be explicitly detrimental to men, except maybe to make you aware of how overpowered and underdeveloped the T-800 was in the first place.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh I thought it maybe Rodent was saying it was meant to be detrimental to men because the female character who replaces John Connor is an unnecessary character, was shoehorned in to replace John, when they could have just had John fill the character role to begin with?