Photography

Tools    

The intend of this thread is for you to share photography made by you or by others that you fond interesting.

I have a canon 600d that never had any use, my sister bought it, I plan on giving it some use.

I'll start with my favorite: Bruce Davidson photographs of the New York subways in the eighties.

[/IMG]

The intend of this thread is for you to share photography made by you or by others that you fond interesting.

I have a canon 600d that never had any use, my sister bought it, I plan on giving it some use.
I'd like to see some of your photos, hopefully you'll post some. I haven't done photography as much as I use to, and mostly I was never really into it, but over the years I've taken some photos that I like.

I'd like to see some of your photos, hopefully you'll post some. I haven't done photography as much as I use to, and mostly I was never really into it, but over the years I've taken some photos that I like.
Share them if they're not personal. I'd like to see them.
I'm watching videos on how to configure my camera and the concept of ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed.
As soon as I know more or less what I'm doing I'll start taking some and post them.
I plan on doing raw pictures, no editing whatsoever, just camera configuration, nothing else.

I'm watching videos on how to configure my camera and the concept of ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed.
As soon as I know more or less what I'm doing I'll start taking some and post them.
I plan on doing raw pictures, no editing whatsoever, just camera configuration, nothing else.
I'll try and get enough courage to post some. Though I'm just a hobbyist, so nothing to special about my photos. Watching videos on camera stuff is a great idea, then just play around with your camera settings and you'll have it memorized in no time.

Vivian Maier, died in 2009, her work found after she's dead in a suitcase with two hundred thousand photography's inside, along with some audio interviews with some of the people she photographed. Probably my favorite photographer ever, shes my definition of an artist. Was not concerned with materialism, spent her money in books and homemade movies, died in poverty, during her life worked as a nanny, in her free time took photography's with a Rolleiflex in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, France, Egypt, Italy... Here's some:

Vivian Maier, died in 2009, her work found after she's dead in a suitcase with two hundred thousand photography's inside, along with some audio interviews with some of the people she photographed. Probably my favorite photographer ever, shes my definition of an artist. Was not concerned with materialism, spent her money in books and homemade movies, died in poverty, during her life worked as a nanny, in her free time took photography's with a Rolleiflex in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, France, Egypt, Italy... Here's some: ...
I agree with you about Maier. She had a fantastic eye, and produced wonderful photographs. I'm sure you've seen it, but there's a highly enjoyable documentary about her: Finding Vivian Maier (2013).

I also enjoy the NYC fashion and street photographer, Bill Cunningham, who died in 2016. There's also a good documentary on him called Bill Cunningham New York (2011) Great stuff!

~Doc

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Get you a 'nifty 50' for that camera and don't bother with another. One cheap 50mm f1.8 prime and you will have all u need.

Good luck shooting =)

I’ve taken a fare amount of photos since I started learning, none of which I kept. My next thing is understand how to conjugate aperture, shutter speed and iso, this without looking at the screen after every single picture. After that I plan on understanding the different color presence in each environment and how to adapt. After that, the probably most important: composition. Since we’re starting autumn and then winter I plan on taking monochrome landscape pictures, they’re the most appealing to me personally. I’ve seen a documentary some time ago, called: The challenge of true solitude, that I also recommend cinematically, which was a great inspiration for what I intend to do. By the way, I heavily recommend The Atlantic channel on YouTube.

I’ve taken a fare amount of photos since I started learning, none of which I kept. My next thing is understand how to conjugate aperture, shutter speed and iso, this without looking at the screen after every single picture. After that I plan on understanding the different color presence in each environment and how to adapt. After that, the probably most important: composition. Since we’re starting autumn and then winter I plan on taking monochrome landscape pictures, they’re the most appealing to me personally. I’ve seen a documentary some time ago, called: The challenge of true solitude, that I also recommend cinematically, which was a great inspiration for what I intend to do. By the way, I heavily recommend The Atlantic channel on YouTube.
Seeing how this thread is professional photos, maybe you should make a personal thread for your own photography and then you can post experimental stuff as you learn shutter, iso and aperture and all that. I'd be interested if you made a thread like that. I think it be cool to see what you're learning and see some of your test photos.

Posting my first pictures, finally, no editing, manual mode. All taken an hour ago, when I got home from work; just stuff I saw around the house, testing the camera. I'm now learning composition from a YouTube channel called The Art of Photography; I'm liking the guy very much, he talks a lot, but that's okay, I prefer it that way when I'm really interested in something, I can notice he likes what is talking about, not just the typical guy wanting to take a beautiful picture and post on Instagram, he knows the history of each technique, who invented it and who made it popular, the guy thinks of photography artistically, don't see much of these people spending time trying to teach other people.

Posting my first pictures, finally, no editing, manual mode. All taken an hour ago, when I got home from work; just stuff I saw around the house, testing the camera. I'm now learning composition from a YouTube channel called The Art of Photography; I'm liking the guy very much, he talks a lot, but that's okay, I prefer it that way when I'm really interested in something, I can notice he likes what is talking about, not just the typical guy wanting to take a beautiful picture and post on Instagram, he knows the history of each technique, who invented it and who made it popular, the guy thinks of photography artistically, don't see much of these people spending time trying to teach other people.
Wow you're already good. Nice photos! I especially liked the composition of the old tools, that's my favorite photo. How did you do that one? What was the focal length you used and aperture? Did you use auto exposure or manual exposure.

Wow you're already good. Nice photos! I especially liked the composition of the old tools, that's my favorite photo. How did you do that one? What was the focal length you used and aperture? Did you use auto exposure or manual exposure.
That was also my favorite picture. After taking the picture of the pumpkin, I was getting outside and I saw the old plastic chair, that no one dares to sit at, and I though it would be a very good background pattern, the original color is a very wasted purple (will post tomorrow with color using the RAW file). The tools were already there, I just pushed the saw more for the inside so I could take the picture of the wooden handle, it's actually the only one I really liked and the easiest one to take. I used manual exposure in all of them, on that one it was 100 ISO, F4.5 and 1/50 shutter speed. I didn't thought about the focal length while taking the picture, I'm trying to find that info on the camera picture info, but is no where to be fond, anyway, my focal lens is 18-55mm, it was the most cheap and generic to buy with the Canon 600D, back in 2011, that's something I need to look into it; how the focal lens affect the picture, I don't really know much about it. The other photos I didn't really liked that much, but was all more an experiment, I just posted to keep the thread alive. My battery was running low, was about to start raining and getting darker, I didn't wanted to take pictures with a tripe or compensate with ISO, so I took them all fast, the only one I took more than once or twice was the pumpkin and it was the one I most disliked and the one I actually learned more, I was getting a lot of light from one side and very dark on the side I was trying to take the picture. There are two things I'm dying to take a picture of, just to see how it's like: fog and light coming out of a shadow/darkness, like a open window in a sunny day in January.