YELLOWSTONE (Paramount Network)

Tools    

I just finished the first season and it was everything I hoped for. All those damn reboots they did of Dallas should have been more like this, the Beth Dutton character would make J.R. Ewing proud. Montana is gorgeous and they display it in a splendor where only a 1080 pixel or 4K HD TV can justify. I found the interactions between Rip (Cole Hauser) & Jimmy especially hilarious, and for acting it's one of Kevin Costners best work.

Top notch acting, unpredictable storylines, and brisk pacing maintained all throughout. It has been renewed for season 2, most likely to return at the end of August 2019.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...202882693/amp/

Did anyone else watch it?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	yellowstone-cast-paramount-network.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	51876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellowstone-1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	51877   Click image for larger version

Name:	yellowstone-season1-jimmy-rip.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	51878  

My wife and I gave the first episode about 15 minutes. We thought it looked horrible.
I remember the first episode actually did start out slow but then after the 30-minute mark it's Off to the Races

It took me about three episodes to get me really interested, I almost stopped watching. I'm glad I didn't. Really enjoyed it and binge watched the whole 3 seasons over the last week or so.

Looking forward to season 4 and seeing how the S3 finale plays out going into it.

Costner and Hauser are great on screen.

I didn't place Hauser at first because of the dark beard.

Dazed and Confused anyone...

Did I miss another thread about this series?

It has some pretty good ratings, just curious as to why it has been pretty much ignored on the site here.

Has it been overlooked by many?

Even if people think it is awful they usually chime in - just curious what others think about it.

Like I said, maybe I missed a thread somewhere.

I’ll be back Friday, but I logged in again to see if anyone saw Yellowstone. For some reason, I think I might like this show which ran for 4 seasons. Costner would probably carry it for me.

Anyway, not too much to read here, but most likely will buy season 1 on dvd. Don’t need yet another show to stream right now.

Have heard so many good things that we're going to give it another go.
I bought season 1 on dvd (though it will take me ages to get to it). It has some excellent reviews. Some reviewers seem to be horrified by the bad language, but that won’t bother me.

Sometimes it’s a good idea to try again. I almost bailed out of the pilot of The Shield, which would have been a huge mistake.

I bought season 1 on dvd (though it will take me ages to get to it). It has some excellent reviews. Some reviewers seem to be horrified by the bad language, but that won’t bother me.

Sometimes it’s a good idea to try again. I almost bailed out of the pilot of The Shield, which would have been a huge mistake.
The Shield is one of my favorites and the first series I ever watched in order from start to finish. Have you watched Big Sky?

The Shield is one of my favorites and the first series I ever watched in order from start to finish. Have you watched Big Sky?
The first series I ever watched from start to finish was The Sopranos.

Never heard of Big Sky. Gotta link & I will check it out?

So I had seen the first season years ago and missed the rest of it. Just bought all 4 seasons and got Paramount Network so I can watch the prequel series 1883.

Should I watch the prequel series first before starting Yellowstone over again??

Decided to start with 1883 and glad I did. First episode was incredible. Sam Elliott in a western is like watching Robert DeNiro in a mobster movie, perfection. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are doing a great job too for a couple of singers.

You ready? You look ready.
Decided to start with 1883 and glad I did. First episode was incredible. Sam Elliott in a western is like watching Robert DeNiro in a mobster movie, perfection. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are doing a great job too for a couple of singers.
It gets wayyy better. Three of the later episodes brought me to tears. Like free flowing why are you doing this to me tears. So good!

I've already finished 5 episodes. I haven't binged this hard in a long time, not even The Witcher.

Ready to start Yellowstone soon. I haven’t seen any of that.
Very rashly for me I have bought the first 3 seasons on dvd with a 4th to be released. Haven’t seen any of it so I do hope I like it.

WARNING: spoilers below
Watched the first 3 episodes twice because there’s a lot to unpack. And you have to listen very carefully sometimes to figure out what the heck is going on. Longest pilot ever (90 mins.).

Too bad Dave Annable was killed off in the pilot.

Luke Grimes is so frickin handsome. I could watch the show just for him.

Kelly Reilly’s makeup is for the birds. A ton of white under-eye concealer & it looks so bizarre. What a rôle she has I must say.

Costner very good as per usual. Loads of supporting characters who are all good.

So I’ve bought the first 4 seasons & luckily it’s looking very entertaining.

She is gorgeous. I’m just getting to watching this show now.
She’s 45 & playing 10 years younger. Her skin is like the skin of a 20 year old.

She’s been naked in the show. Now I want to see Luke Grimes naked. Guessing we won’t as it seems like only women have to undress.

Finished season 1. I don’t love the show, but I like it very much. Kinda nutty in certain arcs, but best not to overly-criticize.

Where are you in the show? Didn’t know you’re watching it too. Or forgot?