Who Do You Choose?

Tools    

yeah i dont remember where i read they did maybe its folklore
Well, the arguments over politics aren't folklore. Fonda was a liberal Democrat and Stewart was a conservative Republican. I was just reading that Jane's estrangement with her father was partly because of his friendship with several conservative Republicans.

but i did find this "A political argument in 1947 resulted in a fist fight between them, but the two apparently maintained their friendship by never discussing politics again."

i also found that henry was said to have won. stewart was sittin in a chair and fonda came runnin at him or something. anyways its a interesting tale

but i did find this "A political argument in 1947 resulted in a fist fight between them, but the two apparently maintained their friendship by never discussing politics again."
Yes, but that has a footnote in wiki.

BTW just asking, What was the point of this thread??
Yes. Sorry. Back on topic. (Like g_p has never hijacked a thread -- sure! )

just wanted to see peoples perspectives on which actor they perferred im studying the history of film in school right now

Yes. Sorry. Back on topic. (Like g_p has never hijacked a thread -- sure! )
I wasn't interrupting, in fact was just curious what the original poster wanted out of this thread.

Me & hijack a thread... I don't think that has ever happened..

just wanted to see peoples perspectives on which actor they perferred im studying the history of film in school right now
May I ask, why you limited the choice to these 4 actors...
Why not Lee Marvin or Charles Bronson as an Action Star?

And I guess it really wasn't a hijack since the OPer introduced the new topic. All is well. Life is good.

well in my opinion those 4 each had the biggest involvement in the expansion of their genres so that was my basis

well in my opinion those 4 each had the biggest involvement in the expansion of their genres so that was my basis
Interesting... you think Bronson & Marvin didn't expand the genre in anyway..
What about Bruce Willis, they say when Die Hard people's view of an action hero changed a great deal.

yeah of course they did its jus die hard got played out after the 2nd one in my opinion and bronson is right up there with those 2 its jus the fact that eastwood and sergio leone invented their own style and wayne even tho he acts mostly the same in many movies his presence and teamin up with john ford made him even better alot of my decisions are made from the actors their movies and the choice of director that they work with. such as with arnold and cameron im more of a director type.

Interesting... you think Bronson & Marvin didn't expand the genre in anyway..
I think your missing a word in Pumetih's response to your question: "biggest":

Originally Posted by Pumetih

yeah of course they did its jus die hard got played out after the 2nd one in my opinion and bronson is right up there with those 2 its jus the fact that eastwood and sergio leone invented their own style and wayne even tho he acts mostly the same in many movies his presence and teamin up with john ford made him even better alot of my decisions are made from the actors their movies and the choice of director that they work with. such as with arnold and cameron im more of a director type.
Interesting...

But actors like Steve McQueen, Bronson were used regularly by directors. (maybe not more than 2 films).. but Cameron used Arnold only 3 times.

I think your missing a word in Pumetih's response to your question: "biggest":

[/i]
I think Pumethih made his/his point a bit more clear now, I don't think he implied that they were the only biggest stars...

Lee Marvin, James Coburn, Charles Bronson were pretty much as big as Arnold & Stallone.

yeah i understand where your coming from its jus a personal perference of thinkin those actors expanded their genres the most.

yeah i understand where your coming from its jus a personal perference of thinkin those actors expanded their genres the most.
So Charles Bronson & Lee Marvin's contribution to the action genre is just my own personal preference??

Lee Marvin, James Coburn, Charles Bronson were pretty much as big as Arnold & Stallone.
As much as I liked those three actors, I'm not sure they were as big as Arnold and Sylvester. That would be a hard statement to prove.