Who Do You Choose?

Tools    

For Action Movies

arnold schwarzenegger or sylvester stallone

and also
For Westerns

john wayne or clint eastwood?

i pick wayne and stallone both them guys took their genres to the top and stallone is still doing it

I'm definitely not going with John Wayne... so for Westerns, give me Clint ... as for action, gotta go with Arnuld... even though I do like Stallone...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Wayne & Eastwood both had different takes on the western genre.. so it's really difficult to compare.
I was thinking the same thing. Their western movies were so much different. I like them both -- maybe giving Eastwood the nod. Don't you think this would be real dependent on the age of the reviewer? With an older person (even older than me, if you can believe that) going with Wayne over Eastwood?

i think some of the best westerns ever made were the dollars trilogy but for as for who i like to watch play different parts in westerns i love the way wayne portrays his characters

I don't think it's got anything to do with age..

My main problem with Wayne was his political views & the way he kept slamming other western films & actors, just cause of their political alignment.
I am well versed with US Politics, but had read something about his reaction towards High Noon.

. . . but had read something about his reaction towards High Noon.
Was it Gary Cooper he was after? Or the movie itself?

henry fonda and james stewart was friends but duked it out over politics once, back then they took tht stuff to heart

Yeah, but be honest: are those also the two guys you find more attractive?
Ha ha. In the case of Sylvester and Arnold, definitely Sylvester. But Clint Eastwood is hotter than John Wayne. Actually, John Wayne does nothing for me. Arnold used to be kinda hot, too - especially in the first Terminator and during his 1970's weight lifting, Pumping Iron days.

yeah i dont know who won but they stayed friends afterwards
I found references to a fist fight between Fonda and Stewart but I also found this in wiki. So, it's likely there was never a physical fight.

^ Robbins 1985, p. 99. This tale (of the fistfight) may be apocryphal as Jhan Robbins quotes Stewart as saying: "Our views never interfered with our feelings for each other, We just didn't talk about certain things. I can't remember ever having an argument with him—ever!"

Well, with Arnold riding that H-D Fat Boy, I have to vote for Arnold.

(BTW, Fat Boy sales soared after this movie debuted.)
I think the 10 gauge Winchester shotgun is what gets my vote.