Music-wise, What's Your Latest Discovery?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Been listening to a great swedish band called The Mary Onettes lately. And to Arcade Fire. I think they have some kind of connection to Of Montreal actually.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
I never liked Arcade Fire.

Just listened to Of Montreal's songs on their MySpace. I like them!

I downloaded Arcade Fire sice they're at Reading, not been impressed by them yet, apparently earlier stuff was better?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Modern brazil is reet good.

As is the old stuff (It's out of print - you're allowed to )

(And so's the blog that recommended both )

Don't bother mate, you don't seem like the indie type...
I think i like some indy, just not the tripe bland overly similar indy. Oh, all of it then

Do like Sparta, they're quite indy i think.

I am having a nervous breakdance
That is so weird... I was going to say that I'm currently listening a lot to this song by Talking Heads, "This Must Be the Place". And I just found out that Acrade Fire made a cover of it on a b-side. What a coincident.

Anyway, "This Must Be the Place" (the live version) is a fantastic song. David Byrne always brings interesting lyrics and got a really personal voice of course. But the beautiful keyboard things and the fantastic guitar figures in the back somewhere to the right are what make the song so great to me. It's my favourite song at the moment.

Aspiring actor/Budding *******
I just started listening to this band "The good, The bad and The Queen", real fine stuff. I think the member's are Damon Albarn, DangerMouse, Simon Tong(?) and Some bandmember from Blur...actually that's all probably totally wrong.

I have discovered stoooooooonnnnnnnneeeeeeerrrrrrr rrroooooooccckkk bands like Kyuss, Acid King and Bongzilla

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i've been listening to a lot of Ani DiFranco lately. i love her lyrics, and her voice. she's all gritty with a hint of sarcasm. she may be a bit of a hard-cord feminist, but musically, she's got it going on! i already had her albums Little Plastic Castle, and Not a Pretty Girl, which i really liked, especially Castle. i bought Dilate a couple weeks ago, since it came out between the two i have, and its supposed to be her 'best'.

also--Kate Bush's Aerial: A Sea of Honey, and A Sky of Honey.