Recommend me: Films based in Bayou type locations

Tools    

I don't know why but I seem to love all the films I've seen that are set in Bayou locations like those in Louisiana and Texas. I loved:

Mud
Blue Bayou
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Joe

I have Eve's Bayou on my watchlist already. Are there any others?

If you want to wallow in bayou imagery, it's hard to beat Louisiana Story (1948). That's the first that comes to mind. It's streaming on multiple apps and in decent copies on Youtube. I'll try to think of more later. My fellow countryman @Wooley can probably help too.

(And if schlocky horror films are also on the table I can bombard you with lots of those.)

Hallelujah (1929)
Down by Law (1986)

If you want to wallow in bayou imagery, it's hard to beat Louisiana Story (1948).

There doesn't appear to be a blu ray release of this. What a travesty. I'll have to watch it on youtube thanks

Hallelujah (1929)
Down by Law (1986)
I'd like to elaborate... Hallelujah might seem a bit rough, but if you're into the history of cinema, it is an important milestone as far as an early century musical starring African-American goes. It also has a very creepy climax that takes place *wait for it* in a bayou that kinda gets under your skin.

Down by Law is just awesome, any way you look at it. One of my favorite first-time watches of this year.

I'd like to elaborate... Hallelujah might seem a bit rough, but if you're into the history of cinema, it is an important milestone as far as an early century musical starring African-American goes. It also has a very creepy climax that takes place *wait for it* in a bayou that kinda gets under your skin.

Down by Law is just awesome, any way you look at it. One of my favorite first-time watches of this year.
I nearly stuck down by law on last week. Hadn't realized it was set in Louisiana, I assumed it was set in New York. Thanks.

Hallelujah looks interesting also. I'm not that into musicals but will shove it on the list.