Barbie (2023)

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
So how are we men going to get into the theater? I aint about to go up to the cashier and say ONE FOR BARBIE.

I am very open minded to movies. To me movies are entertainment first. Sad to say that I doubt one single human will step into a theater to see a Barbie movie. What were the guys who give movies a green light on that day?

A system of cells interlinked
I am very open minded to movies. To me movies are entertainment first. Sad to say that I doubt one single human will step into a theater to see a Barbie movie. What were the guys who give movies a green light on that day?
Not sure what the claim is here. Is it that no one plays with or pays attention to Barbie anymore, and that it is a dead IP? I know at least one human that likes Barbie: My daughter. Pretty sure they sell pretty well.

That said, if this is some super meta adult take on the stuff, which isn't appropriate for kids, you may have a point...

Why wouldn’t anyone see Barbie in a theater? Margot Robbie is very popular and if anyone can carry this movie she can.

Still looks like crap, even though I love the two leads.
I find Robbie to be very overrated so I don’t expect much when I eventually get to this movie.

Welcome to the human race...
Why wouldn’t anyone see Barbie in a theater? Margot Robbie is very popular and if anyone can carry this movie she can.
Don't worry, Sedai already pointed out how wrong they were and they haven't been back since.

Anyway, I still remain unconvinced. I'll still see it anyway because Gerwig is apparently appointment viewing now despite her previous features topping out at fine in my estimation - at least those were nominally on my wavelength while this looks like too much of a departure. We'll see if it surprises me.

From my standpoint, this is getting worse the more I see of it...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Looks great and sounds like it will be The Truman Show meets The Umbrellas of Cherbourg which I'm 100% down for.

I was thinking it looks more Don't Worry Darling meets The Lego Movie .

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I wanted to say Gerwig was a hack but that'd mean she's mediocre while she's worse than that. Truly among my least favorite directors and I can't wait to berate her for the third time for this piece of crap.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Still looks like crap, even though I love the two leads.
They're both the new big names, or so it appears. Seems like a natural fit. Two years ago I didn't have a clue about either of them.

What about this film, at all, suggests it's for toddlers?
Honestly, it's an easy assumption to make if you ignore the actors involved, the director who's involved, the tone of the trailer, and . . . literally everything else we know about this film.