If you could see a classic movie In the ‬theater

Tools    

Tough choice between Vertigo and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Vertigo simply because it's my favorite, and 2001 because it would look absolutely stunning on the big screen.

I know there's a thread like this elsewhere.

However, to answer the question, Jaws.

I'd also like to see Laurence Of Arabia and Halloween on the big screen, too.

I saw Pulp Fiction in the theater, am I that old around here?

I've probably got a long list if I really think about it, but here's my top of the head answer:

8 1/2
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Once Upon a Time in the West

Any or all of the original Star Wars films, obviously. And since someone above mentioned a Hitchcock flick, I'm also gonna go with Rear Window. I love that flick.
You didn't see Star Wars when they were re-released back in the late 90s?

BANNED
I saw Pulp Fiction in the theater, am I that old around here?

I've probably got a long list if I really think about it, but here's my top of the head answer:

8 1/2
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Once Upon a Time in the West

you little son of a bitch

Lawrence of Arabia, The Third Man, The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and Chinatown. I haven't seen any of these and it would be great if I could watch any of them on a big screen the first time..

In the Beginning...
Nope. If I remember correctly, the Special Editions were the ones "re-released" to theaters, and I had no interest in those. I did pick up the VHS box set they released in 1995 or 1996, which consisted of the original cuts before Lucas started making all his changes. It was the first time I ever actually owned the entire trilogy and I LOVED it. Still have it, too.

Nope. If I remember correctly, the Special Editions were the ones "re-released" to theaters, and I had no interest in those. I did pick up the VHS box set they released in 1995 or 1996, which consisted of the original cuts before Lucas started making all his changes. It was the first time I ever actually owned the entire trilogy and I LOVED it. Still have it, too.
I watched them in the theater just because it was the only way I could. I had to suck up the "Greedo shoots first" garbage, but at least I've seen the entire series in the theater.

I too own the VHS box set you're talking about! I watched them so much they're starting to wear out.

That conversation is making me sad.

Anyways, 2001 and Raiders were both great picks. To that I would add Close Encounters and The Shining. I would also like to see the classic Dawn of the Dead on the big screen.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I have already seen many "classic" movies in the theater, some already mentioned above, you know...when they were new. But I see revival screenings all the time, one or two a month. Last thing I saw was Ferris Bueller's Day Off a couple weeks ago.

There are a whole host I have seen many multiple times as revivals, never missing an opportunity, the top being Blade Runner, which I think I've seen close to twenty times now just since the Director's Cut was released in 1991. I saw the Final Cut four times so far? Five? Already lost count. But I've seen Lawrence of Arabia four times, Dr. Strangelove five or six, Casablanca a few, Unforgiven four, GoodFellas a bunch, After Hours I've seen three times just in recent years. I've seen all six of Sergio Leone's major titles multiple times each. I never miss an opportunity to see Robert Altman's stuff, with McCabe and Mrs. Miller topping my list at four times viewed. Hell, I've seen Xanadu twice in the past six years. And on and on.

As far as something I've never seen on the big screen and would love to...Welles' Chimes at Midnight would be a good one. Barry Lyndon, never seen that in a cinema - though I've seen every other Kubrick from The Killing onward, most of them more than once.

But if you're asking in a sort of 'if you could see just one tomorrow, what would it be?', I'd go with the Final Cut of Blade Runner. I could watch that in a loop. Sometimes it feels like I do.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Too Bad She Won't Live.jpg
Views:	1639
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	7620  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Though it's more so of a cult classic, I would love to see UHF in theatre. I would like to see Al on the big screen again, but with the release of his latest album and keeping up with touring and his family I don't think he would have much time on his hands.

Oh, there's a few cult classics I'd like to see. Some of them play at the midnight screenings at our local art-house, but I have a tough time getting out to see them.

Evil Dead Trilogy
Dead Alive
Hell Comes to Frogtown
They Live
The Thing

Just to name a few.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I too have seen most all the "classics" I've wanted to at the theatre because I started going twice a month in the late '60s (dropped off with my younger brother by my parents on the weekend) and when I started driving my dad's car in 1972, I'd go by myself. During college (1973-1977), I was exposed to many older movies which were shown on big screens of various sizes on campus, and I started frequenting art houses and repertory theatres to see silent movies, Bogie flicks and older cult movies. Heck, I saw Jaws 25 times at the theatre in 1975!

Even so, there are a few I've missed on the big screen down through the years, but one I would like to see would be The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1926), preferably with a live orchestra. I've seen it on TCM a few times with a new score, and it's colorful and unique enough to get me excited to see it at the theatre if it ever plays in Southern California. This is the film's IMDb page.

As i am an old fart i have seen a lot already wouldn't mind seeing BenHur again