LIMITED SERIES & MINI-SERIES

Tools    

Season 2 of this terrific show is really good. Loved The White Lotus.

Overly long (almost 7 hours) and very repetitive. Wash, rinse, spin, wash, rinse, spin …

Naomi Watts & Bobby Cannavale both excellent & Mia Farrow is scary as a weird neighbor.

WARNING: spoilers below
After 7 hours, no satisfactory ending.

In the pilot, there was an amusing homage to Tony Soprano when Bobby Cannavale shlepps down his driveway in his bathrobe to fetch the newspaper.

Mindless reality show, but I enjoy watching people who are unlike myself.
Season 2 is fun & there will be a third season.

Just bought the dvd of this so I can watch it again. Very good limited series.
Season 2 (3 Xmas parts) is very good. It’s gotten darker as the show progresses. Lots of material there for a third season I hope.

I thought the pilot was ok, but the reviews were terrible so didn’t want to waste my time. Disappointing.

I watch a lot of limited series. Some very good ones are below:

The Night Of (crime drama)
The Queen's Gambit (chess and addiction drama)
Making a Murderer (documentary. Season 1. I didn't really feel like Season 2 matched the quality of Season 1)
The StairCase (documentary. This is much better than the HBO fictionalized series version)
Dope Sick (fictionalized, starring Michael Keaton, about the opioid crisis)
Unbelievable (Netflix show about the pursuit of a serial rapist)
The Looming Tower (very interesting fact-based drama about the failures of the CIA/FBI, well before the 9/11 attacks
Maid (a show I would not typically watch that ended up being much better than I thought it was going to be, and very relatable)
The Honourable Woman (spy thriller genre, set around the Israeli-Palestinian conflict)
The Night Manager (spy thriller genre)
American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson (fictionalized)
American Crime Story: The Assassination of Giani Versace (fictionalized)

I watch a lot of limited series. Some very good ones are below:

The Night Of (crime drama)
The Queen's Gambit (chess and addiction drama)
Making a Murderer (documentary. Season 1. I didn't really feel like Season 2 matched the quality of Season 1)
The StairCase (documentary. This is much better than the HBO fictionalized series version)
Dope Sick (fictionalized, starring Michael Keaton, about the opioid crisis)
Unbelievable (Netflix show about the pursuit of a serial rapist)
The Looming Tower (very interesting fact-based drama about the failures of the CIA/FBI, well before the 9/11 attacks
Maid (a show I would not typically watch that ended up being much better than I thought it was going to be, and very relatable)
The Honourable Woman (spy thriller genre, set around the Israeli-Palestinian conflict)
The Night Manager (spy thriller genre)
American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson (fictionalized)
American Crime Story: The Assassination of Giani Versace (fictionalized)
Haven’t seen all of these, but most of them. I loved Maid too.

Cheers to @AKA23 for suggesting The Looming Tower (2018). I hadn't heard of it, so I fired it up, and am enjoying it, most especially Bill Camp's work playing Robert Chesney, a wizened FBI agent.

It's also Jeff Daniels' most impressive acting that I can recall.

The story, of course, is hokum, but as a production it keeps up the intrigue and tension for the viewer. Also the cinematography is first rate. All told, a very nicely done series.

I thought the pilot was ok, but the reviews were terrible so didn’t want to waste my time. Disappointing.
I watched some of it because I am a big believer in Toni Colette. But I bailed out. It was not up to the standard of a Toni Colette worthy show.

I watched some of it because I am a big believer in Toni Colette. But I bailed out. It was not up to the standard of a Toni Colette worthy show.
Agree.

This Hulu show is quite good though the premise is preposterous. Two 33 year olds portray themselves as middle schoolers in 7th grade & relive the agonies & ecstacies of that time. The premise actually works & the only reason I bailed out is because I didn’t attend an American middle school so it’s hard for me to relate.

Is the title of the show a wang joke?

Is the title of the show a wang joke?
Unfamiliar with “wang” jokes, but, of course, it spells penis.

Unfamiliar with “wang” jokes,

but, of course, it spells penis.
How clever.

Four-parter from Denmark based on a true story of a nurse who was killing her patients.

The two lead actresses very good.

Anyone watching this very highly-rated Netflix series about Korean-Americans?

The reviews were all positive & I did finish all 10 episodes, but I would never watch it again. I didn’t think it was as good as it’s purported to be.

Excellent acting from everyone, especially the two leads.

I saw bits of it on Gogglebox and it didn't look like anything I'd particularly enjoy. Felt like something which I would tire of fairly quickly, too.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I saw bits of it on Gogglebox and it didn't look like anything I'd particularly enjoy. Felt like something which I would tire of fairly quickly, too.
Same reaction from me. I'd probably enjoy the actors, but the rest of it just seems like a pass for me.

I was surprised I finished it.