Television Tab

Tools    

Finished Night Sky. Knew going in it hadn't been renewed, quite a shame.

Along with Counterpart, another J.K. Simmons prestige vehicle gone too soon (though while both are good, that one was way better).

After the first 3 episodes it's still impressive. The production is stellar and Chaske Spencer, besides having the coolest hair I've ever seen, is someone I'm looking forward to seing more. The violence may not be for everyone, but it's not gratuitous. A lot happens off-screen, but it definitely convey the harsh reality of the time.
Will definitely take a look in Prime for it based on your review. No time soon, but it’ll be in the watchlist. Cheers mate!

One episode of The English left. It’s a bit uneven, but I wouldn’t say it detracts from the overall story. Given that, there are some moments. And they are killers 🤯

….

WoW. The final episode is better than any movie I’ve seen in a while. So many answers that you didn’t see coming and a touch of mystery/horror. And the soundtrack wails.
Ok, I am 4 episodes in. I don’t love it, but it is very good. Very unusual. Glad to see Emily in something of substance rather than the fluffy nonsensicals she sometimes chooses.

Rafe Spall terrifying. Chaske Spencer excellent. The British guy who proposed to Emily is very handsome. New to me & he’s got a lovely accent.

Looking forward to finishing it maybe tonight. Good recce Denim.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Ok, I am 4 episodes in. I don’t love it, but it is very good. Very unusual. Glad to see Emily in something of substance rather than the fluffy nonsensicals she sometimes chooses.

Rafe Spall terrifying. Chaske Spencer excellent. The British guy who proposed to Emily is very handsome. New to me & he’s got a lovely accent.

Looking forward to finishing it maybe tonight. Good recce Denim.
We kept talking about Rafe Spall doing a Sam Rockwell impression and were here for all of it!

Look forward to hearing what you think about the end.

We kept talking about Rafe Spall doing a Sam Rockwell impression and were here for all of it!

Look forward to hearing what you think about the end.
It was fine. What I expected. It had to happen that way.

Thinking of having Black-eyed Mog as my new avatar. Said no one ever.

I spent the weekend watching The Staircase .
It's a really well made documentary. I loved the pace at which it unravelled.
I haven't peeked at any articles of the case or any alternate perspectives, but I think he did it.
I also think the makers were kind to him (unsurprising I know). Cause in the last few episodes quite a few details of the case were revealed, which the documentary didn't initially(or maybe I missed them).

I am not really arsed to check out the HBO version with Firth & Collette.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
TLOU premiere was good. Would be interested to hear the impression of someone who hasn’t played the game. The “moment” was one of the most moving scenes I had ever had in gaming. Don’t know how it resonated with someone that didn’t know it was coming.

That opening bit was a nice “added” touch.

I just finished watching Evil Genius: The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist .

It could have easily been a two hour movie, instead of a four part series. Still, it was quite a bizarre story involving complex people.

I am going to continue with my true crime documentaries with The Keepers next.

Rewatching LOST at the moment with my girlfriend, who's never seen it before.

We've got six episodes left in Season Three and it's mad quite how much is yet to happen.

I've watched the show in its entirety a few times now but the big moments never lose their effect. I actually think the first episode I watched was the Season One finale. I must have been about 11 years old and my parents used to watch the show when I was in my room at night, I had come out to go to the toilet and must have caught something that was happening, so I sat down and started watching and curiously started asking loads of questions about what was going on. It seemed fascinating to me, so I went to bed but then as soon as I could watch Season 1 so I could catch up in time for Season 2.

My parents actually stopped watching it soon after but I was hooked.

I really enjoyed the Willow series on Disney+, which takes place about 20 years after the events of the first movie. It does hit the nostalgia button, but not excessively. 95% of the characters are new, for instance. Besides being filmed in Wales, it puts its Disney money to good use because it's visually impressive, if anything. I haven't seen Amazon's Lord of the Rings series or House of the Dragon, but I'd describe it as a lighter and less serious alternative to those 8-episode fantasy series. The writing isn't always the best and there are quite a few "how do you do, fellow kids" moments, especially in the rarely appropriate covers of pop and rock songs, but I had a lot of fun and glad I took a chance with it overall.

there are quite a few "how do you do, fellow kids" moments, especially in the rarely appropriate covers of pop and rock songs
Please elaborate. If Willow is singing "Call Me Maybe" I'mma have to pass.

Please elaborate. If Willow is singing "Call Me Maybe" I'mma have to pass.
LOL, I sorta wish that happened. There are covers of Enter Sandman, Crimson and Clover and Black Hole Sun, for example, and they usually occur during the end credits, so that shouldn't stop you.

LOL, I sorta wish that happened. There are covers of Enter Sandman, Crimson and Clover and Black Hole Sun, for example, and they usually occur during the end credits, so that shouldn't stop you.
OK, cool.

The Keepers was really good. Tough to watch at times, but really good.

I also finished with Survivors season 42. One of the better seasons.

Watched the first two episodes of The last of Us. It's alright.

Lastly, watched the British & Aussie versions of the game show The Traitors .
It's like a TV version of the mafia game, which I am still keen to run on this fourm.
I know there's currently a US version going on the telly.

Anyone else has watched The Traitors here?

Lastly, watched the British & Aussie versions of the game show Traitors .
It's like a TV version of the mafia game, which I am still keen to run on this fourm.

Anyone else has watched Traitors here?
Yes, love it! Would describe it more as reality TV meets Knives Out. So far I've seen the Dutch, Belgian and US versions. Great entertainment but also a great exercise in psychology and ‘tells’ of human behavior when they are telling the truth, lies etc..

Yes, love it! Would describe it more as reality TV meets Knives Out. So far I've seen the Dutch, Belgian and US versions. Great entertainment but also a great exercise in psychology and ‘tells’ of human behavior when they are telling the truth, lies etc..

That's brilliant.
I hope more people watch it here, so I could run the Mafia game on this forum, which is similar to it but has way more power roles for the faithfuls to help them catch the traitors.

Lastly, watched the British & Aussie versions of the game show The Traitors . It's like a TV version of the mafia game, which I am still keen to run on this fourm. I know there's currently a US version going on the telly.

Anyone else has watched The Traitors here?
I loved The Traitors. The UK version anyway. Two episodes into the US version and I doubt I'll enjoy it as much. Too US Reality TV for me. Plus, with the celebs (which I'm not sure work in this format or not) all being US Reality stars, they're all pretty annoying.

Halfway through the US version of Traitors & I can see the point @honeykid is making. It is definitely more dramatised. I am weirdly enjoying that though. Kate annoys me & amuses me.

Also, as a fan of Cirie from her Survivor days, I am not shocked by her awesome play.