American martial arts / action movie where end fight is on a roof top

Tools    

I'm looking for the name of an American (at least I think it's American, it's definitely not Asian anyway) martial arts film, or action movie with martial arts elements. I think it was in the 1980s. The final fight sequence was on top of a building. I remember it being quite violent and someone may have gotten their head crushed or slammed with a piece of brick or thrown into a pile of bricks maybe.
PS: It's not the movie Revenge of the Ninja which end fight is on a roof top also. It was not ninjas fighting in the movie I am thinking of.

Possibly way off the mark, but as you say it's not Asian, one film is springing to mind, and that is Remo: Unarmed and dangerous? Otherwise known as Remo: The Adventure begins.

I did also think of Jet Li The Master 1989. Possibly also known as Dragon Fight.

Possibly way off the mark, but as you say it's not Asian, one film is springing to mind, and that is Remo: Unarmed and dangerous? Otherwise known as Remo: The Adventure begins.

I did also think of Jet Li The Master 1989. Possibly also known as Dragon Fight.
Thank you for the reply!
I looked up the three films you mentioned and checked them out, but unfortunately it's none of them. I am not entirely sure but it seems the fight sequence at the end just had two people fighting each other on top of the building and not a bunch.
One scene stands out which involved someone's skull or face getting hit / smashed with a piece of brick or slammed into a pile of bricks.
The film felt very North American.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Not american but bits of that sound like District B13.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Not american but bits of that sound like District B13.

Thanks for the tip. I looked up the title but all I found was a film from 2004, is that the one you meant? The one I saw was way before the year 2000, I'm 100% sure. And the style seemed very much like a mid to late 1980s movie, possibly early 90s (but I'm almost certain the film was made in the 80s).

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Thanks for the tip. I looked up the title but all I found was a film from 2004, is that the one you meant? The one I saw was way before the year 2000, I'm 100% sure. And the style seemed very much like a mid to late 1980s movie, possibly early 90s (but I'm almost certain the film was made in the 80s).
Yes that was the one. Ill have a wee think about the one youre after. There are lots of folk on here who are great with films so im sure that someone will know it :-)

Another fight scene is jackie chans who am i which was in 1998. There was a big figt scene with jackie up against two people and one bit inthink has jackie thowing/using bricks.

It was definitely not Jackie. I happen to be a fan of his films up until around 2000, so I would have remembered if he was in it. :-)
The film I'm thinking of was more like a b-action / martial arts film and the fight was more brutal and crude than (and nowhere near as fast paced as) something seen in a Hong Kong or Jackie Chan/Jet Li/etc movie.

I'm looking for the name of an American (at least I think it's American, it's definitely not Asian anyway) martial arts film, or action movie with martial arts elements. I think it was in the 1980s. The final fight sequence was on top of a building. I remember it being quite violent and someone may have gotten their head crushed or slammed with a piece of brick or thrown into a pile of bricks maybe.
PS: It's not the movie Revenge of the Ninja which end fight is on a roof top also. It was not ninjas fighting in the movie I am thinking of.

This sounds similar to a movie I was trying to find and cannot remember. The movie I am thinking of, I believe was also from the 80's or early 90's And I'm almost positive that the main character was white and spoke English. I seem to remember a scene where he was training (martial arts) on a rooftop of a mid rise or high rise building and it was during dusk with an orange-ish colored sky. Do you remember this in the movie you're speaking of?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Could it be the 1989 film Rooftops? The ending took place on a rooftop and there was martial arts in it. The lead character played by Jason Gedrick had infused capoeira in his fight repetoire.