The 7th MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I want to join now, and I nominate the 220-minute rotoscope version of Berlin Alexanderplatz. HOF, my foot.

I want to join now, and I nominate the 220-minute rotoscope version of Berlin Alexanderplatz. If you don't like that, I've got a mag for you. HOF, my foot.
I can only find the 15 hour version, but it does have Maria Braun in it

Wolf Children (2012) Mamoru Hosoda (my favorite anime movie and I've watched a lot)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140203/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Wolf Children is very good indeed, in my top 120 animations list. Its not, however my favorite Hosoda film but perhaps the one with greatest mainstream accessibility, in the sense of being a very traditional drama film about rainsing children, in fact Hosoda said that he made this film for parents of small children (something that's lacking in Japan due to the low birth rate ). Overall, I think that Summer Wars was better, though its a remake of the Digimon movie he directed earlier without the franchise elements.

Man, I thought Summer Wars was an ok movie, entertaining, but nothing more. Wolf Children is a movie about life, nature, how we forgot our roots, about love, etc. It's so much more even if it's more ''mainstream''

Yes, Summer Wars looks like pretty much just entertainment but I loved it in many ways while Wolf Children was indeed more ambitious but it felt to me a bit less cool and natural. Though I know its not a popular view, Wolf Children is right now rated more highly on Mal than any Miazaki or Takahata film.

I hope you all like the moe slice of life/magic girl anime film I submitted. It's not very accessible, but without giving away the title I will say that it's a pretty obscure jem. Oh, and there are tenticles, but there's no actual nudity so don't worry. Actually you'll probably all hate it. Actually I'm lying. But I was very close to nominating an anime.

Find your frequency.
I'm in!