One movie on a desert island.

Tools    

Ok assuming you have a DVD player and a TV which are somehow powered, you are told you are going to spend the next 5 years on a desert island, you can pack one DVD, what do you take? Personally Airplane as I can watch that movie over and over, close follow up is Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
You don't have to be the bad guy. You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are capable of amazing things. Because you are the Special. And so am I. And so is everyone. -Emmet, The Lego Movie.

I have to return some videotapes.
Pulp Fiction easily for me. Ive seen it so many times and each time I find something new about it that I missed

A system of cells interlinked
Do I even need to say it...

Young Guns.

I know of someone else who managed way more than 5 years with just that.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

If I could somehow sneak in the trilogy pack that would be awesome.

after a hard-fought battle between

Showgirls (1995)

and

Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii (1973)

the winner is...

woo! desert island movie!

I'll paraphrase Chesterton's cheeky response to a similar question and say: a documentary about lifeboat building.
Hopefully there's a chainsaw and other handy tools in your bag.
Personally, I would want a book.

How to Survive on a Deserted Island

Chapter One: Turning Salt Water Into Drinking Water (Supplies: Sea Shells, Coconuts, and Fire)
Chapter Two: Starting Fires
Chapter Three: Creating Weapons
Chapter Four: Finding Head Hunters, Before They Find You!

Anyway, mine would of course be Halloween.

This used to be a constant question in my MoFo Grills. If you had to throw away all your movies but one, what would you keep?

Master of My Domain
Lawrence of Arabia, because it takes place in a desert and is f*cking awesome.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl because you know Jack Sparrow is the master of desert island

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If I could pick TV series, I'd go with Bear Grylls' Survival Academy.

At least I would die at peace choking on my own piss.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
Apocalypse Now

I would watch it, then walk around narrating myself and acting like I was looking for Kurtz. lol

Find your frequency.
Saying nothing of quality, but rather rewatchability- I'd take Dumb and Dumber. I've seen it probably 50 times.

Sorry for my bad English :p
Pulp Fiction , it may not be my favorite movie , but i can watch it everyday without getting bored
if i could take a tv series it would be friends of course

Rescue from Gilligan's Island (TV Movie 1978)

Ok assuming you have a DVD player and a TV which are somehow powered, you are told you are going to spend the next 5 years on a desert island, you can pack one DVD, what do you take? Personally Airplane as I can watch that movie over and over, close follow up is Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
It's a difficult one but I think it would have to be my favourite film, Münchhausen.

I think I'd bring a blue movie (you know, in case it gets lonely), but I'd try to pick one with a good story, maybe one of the oldies.