Yes, but a budget brand
9.09%
2 votes
Yes, but a designer brand
18.18%
4 votes
No, jeans are the worst
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
How many people can shop off the rack? Nowadays I don’t even bother, because 28w 34l are not gonna be there.

Had a moment of weakness with a friend and bought a pair of 32l at GAP because I wanted to pull the trigger on something and started planning my return trip as soon as I tried them on at home.

In reality, if I pulled my pants up to my “true waist”, I would need a 28w 36l. My jeans definitely aren’t high and tight.

I haven't tried them myself, but have you looked into Bonobos (the brand, not the ape)? I understand they have a pretty wide range of sizes and fits available. Or you can look into made-to-measure options like Woodies. (Haven't tried them myself either.) Apologies if this is redundant information.

I have a less annoying problem in that my ideal inseam is between standard sizes, which is fine for jeans which can be cuffed if you buy longer, but means that dress pants need to be altered.

I'm a 501 guy myself. That's the style not the waist size.

I'm a 501 guy myself. That's the style not the waist size.
I assumed it was the inseam.

I assumed it was the inseam.
Sorry, you'll have to type a bit louder as I can't hear you up here.

Sorry, you'll have to type a bit louder as I can't hear you up here.

How about now?

You ready? You look ready.
My jeans are from Avenue, so not sure what category that falls under.
I hardly ever wear jeans, though. If I'm at work I'm in scrubs and if I'm not at work I'm usually in shorts or pajamas.
I should have clarified this earlier but anything over $100 would be designer, and anything under $100 would be budget.

The only reason I list Levi, Wrangler, and Lee in the poll was because they are known as the big three in the denim world and developed/patented most of the designs and technology in denim jeans.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I should have clarified this earlier but anything over $100 would be designer, and anything under $100 would be budget.

The only reason I list Levi, Wrangler, and Lee in the poll was because they are known as the big three in the denim world and developed/patented most of the designs and technology in denim jeans.
These jeans really have legs in this thread. (Groan.)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Definitely never paid over $100 in my life for any piece of clothing, except maybe a football jersey.

Which reminds me on a sort of unrelated note I believe it's insanely ludicrous people actually buy sunglasses that cost $100+

Definitely never paid over $100 in my life for any piece of clothing, except maybe a football jersey.
I will drop some serious cash on a nice jacket, but that’s it. Everything else is clearance rack or budget options. Even my shoes.

Which reminds me, I have a jacket addiction. I collect jackets the way some people collect sneakers. They say the first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. 😅

I will drop some serious cash on a nice jacket, but that’s it. Everything else is clearance rack or budget options. Even my shoes.

Which reminds me, I have a jacket addiction. I collect jackets the way some people collect sneakers. They say the first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. 😅
Actually maybe I did pay $100+ for a jacket. Well it may have been a tad under.

Actually maybe I did pay $100+ for a jacket. Well it may have been a tad under.
The most expensive clothing item I have ever bought was my leather jacket by Redline, but that made sense because I got half the cow with it. And I bought it on a 90 degree day so I convinced the store owner to give me the “you’re insane for buying one of these in hot weather” discount.

Which reminds me on a sort of unrelated note I believe it's insanely ludicrous people actually buy sunglasses that cost $100+
I did get a deal on a pair of Ray-Ban Beachcomber shades for $120 a few years ago. Love them to this day. Even though Kevin Costner sported them in “Tin Cup”.

No, I did not feel cheated. Signed, Loyal Consumer.

My prescription glasses have transition lenses, so I technically paid over $100 for sunglasses. In my defense, they're aviators. (Which probably means I look like a serial killer when indoors, but such is the cost of wanting to look cool outdoors.)

I feel you. I bought like three jackets within the past few months, and I've yet to wear any of them. They were "thrifted" (over eBay and the like) though, so I feel less guilty.

I also ended up buying a few suits and sportcoats over the pandemic, which I absolutely did not need (I already had a few, which was enough for work and special occasions), but in my defense, it made me feel good. Maybe the aliens in They Live were onto something.