Bohemian Rhapsody - Biopic about Queen

Tools    

Sacha Baron Cohen was really passionate about the opportunity, but I think I read that bigwigs (which included Brian May, obviously) were concerned that audiences would struggle to take him seriously, which is a shame

Great choices for casting though

I remember first hearing about this in 2006. I am thrilled that it is finally happening. Queen are the first band I started listening to and they remain a favorite to this day. I'm sure this will be fantastic.

Great. I welcome any chance to re-listen to Queen's epic songs. Have been hearing "news" about a Queen biopic forever. On the other hand, I don't expect much about the cinematic edge of the movie. How can one recreate the charisma of Freddie? I still remember the movie "Last Days" which was as dull as the real Kurt Cobain was colorful.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
First look at Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury
pretty uncanny. I mean obviously a lot of air brushing but that's pretty good.

Bryan Singer is directing a biopic about the band Queen. Filming is set to begin soon for a Christmas 2018 release date. The film is being produced by Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor along with Robert De Niro and Graham King.

Here's who will play the iconic band

Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury

Gwilym Lee is Brian May
Ben Hardy is Roger Taylor
Joe Mazzello is John Deacon
The casting of this movie is great!

They picked the actors who, with just a little polish up, will look EXACTLY like the bandmembers.

Rami Malek as Freddy Mercury stunned me in that publicity pic! The resemblance is uncanny.

I look forward to seeing this movie.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You can't win an argument just by being right!
T

Rami Malek as Freddy Mercury stunned me in that publicity pic! The resemblance is uncanny.
Incredible, isnt it. I;m sure I'll forget I;m watching an actor.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I want to see it, I love Queen just about more than anyone, but I think Bryan Singer is a, not bad, but interesting choice to direct, I personally think it would be great if Damien Chazelle directed.

Holy, that pic is insanely Freddish.

They're gonna do Live Aid?
That's cool.
I'll volunteer to play the girl who danced with Bono there.
Or better yet, I'll volunteer to play Bob Geldof.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Here's Malek and Lee (OMG Lee does look like Brian May here!) on the Live Aid set

If you don't say I would think that it was Brian May participating to encourage Malek

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Press Gang Dexter Fletcher? Wow, I didn't even know he did Eddie the Eagle! Now I'm gonna have to watch that
That's him alright!