The 2022 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

Any recommendations for foreign language films from 2022?

I liked The Swimmers and Official Competition.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Decision to Leave
RRR

Suspect's Reviews

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Official Competition is a must!

also recommended:
The Quiet Girl
The Good Boss

Three totally different films, all are nice additions to the cultural heritage of the cinema.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Thanks for the suggestions!

I have seen Decision to Leave (and Banshees of Inisherin... without subtitles).

I'll add Official Competition to my watchlist for sure and check out the others mentioned.

The Quiet Girl I've been meaning to watch, just waiting for it to stream somewhere.

Great Freedom
The Quiet Girl
Happening
Playground
Hit the Road
Decision to Leave
Vortex
Broker
A Chiara
Farha
Ballad of a White Cow
Luzzu
The Innocents
Beasts
The Tale of King Crab
Alcarras
Hive

Welcome to the human race...
Paris, 13th District is technically a 2021 release, would it still qualify?

Paris, 13th District is technically a 2021 release, would it still qualify?
Its 2021 theatrical runs seem to have been quite limited from what I've gathered, with a wider global release in early 2022. It's eligible unless someone argues otherwise.

I progress slowly but determined.
Added two more films for the last two weeks to my 2022 portfolio. One of the last will be strong member of my nominations the other one is a bit controversial though well shot.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I watched Vortex which had been on my watchlist as well as being recommended by Scarlet Lion. A difficult watch but a very good film.

A system of cells interlinked
I haven't seen Aftersun mentioned. I watched that this weekend, and would recommend!

This Covid period as well as the more and more emerging independent releases makes it very difficult to mark what is the year of a movie.

I wonder, what do you think about this 2020 film that can be marked as 2020, 2021 and even 2022 movie?

Dinner in America
IMDB Link

I wonder, what do you think about this 2020 film that can be marked as 2020, 2021 and even 2022 movie?

Dinner in America
Since it was available on DVD/BluRay in 2021, I'm going to say it's not eligible.

Funny Pages
Brian and Charles

I haven't seen much in 2022 but I loved Funny Pages. So funny, so strange, really wonderful coming of age movie. @gideon hated it I believe. Though I don't think he ever reviewed it.

I keep meaning to watch Brian and Charles. It looks charming.

Yeah, I've seen Brian and Charles come up in a few different places, so I'm definitely going to check that one out too.

If I ever get around to watching anything, that is.

I haven't seen much in 2022 but I loved Funny Pages. So funny, so strange, really wonderful coming of age movie. @gideon hated it I believe. Though I don't think he ever reviewed it.

It's really lovely. Be sure to check out Charles' real life backstory!

Welcome to the human race...
Are we counting Apollo 10½ as an animated film? I think the Academy deemed it ineligible due to their ruling about rotoscoped films, but we don't have to play by their rules.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I haven't seen Aftersun mentioned. I watched that this weekend, and would recommend!
Watched it waiting for something to happen the entire time...sat there for ten minutes after it ended...cried like a baby.

Are we counting Apollo 10½ as an animated film? I think the Academy deemed it ineligible due to their ruling about rotoscoped films, but we don't have to play by their rules.
I fully support including rotoscoped films in the animation category.

It is literally an animation technique, so I'm not sure what the Academy's problem is. So what if a lot of it is traced? Someone still had to draw and animate it.