The 2022 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

I started making my way through ScarletLion's list to check out the details of all those films, and uh...I think imdb wants me to know that this film is the story of two mothers who bond in an unexpected way after giving birth the same day.

Wonder if it would've repeated the line for a third time if the character limit was longer?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	parallel mothers.png
Views:	163
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	91003  

I've received our first set of nominations.

I think I'll put the list of participants in the third post. I don't want to have too much information ahead of the awards categories, since that's the only thing older MoFos might need to see.

I already submitted my noms in an attempt to prevent myself from fretting over details for the next two months, but I am wondering about people's approach to a particular category. When you see "Best Ensemble Cast" do you think about the names involved or how they performed in that particular movie?

When you see "Best Ensemble Cast" do you think about the names involved or how they performed in that particular movie?
I think of movies I liked which had enough screen time for many actors. And how they performed too.

I already submitted my noms in an attempt to prevent myself from fretting over details for the next two months, but I am wondering about people's approach to a particular category. When you see "Best Ensemble Cast" do you think about the names involved or how they performed in that particular movie?
I would like to say the latter, but I am sure the former can’t help but creep in. What I really try to think about is movies that aren’t driven by one or two characters though. So, for instance. Tar would not be in consideration, but something like Glass Onion will be. Even though I like Tar much more and think it has better performance:.

I would like to say the latter, but I am sure the former can’t help but creep in. What I really try to think about is movies that aren’t driven by one or two characters though. So, for instance. Tar would not be in consideration, but something like Glass Onion will be. Even though I like Tar much more and think it has better performance:.

I agree with every word of this. Although in addition to at least one "name value" movie creeping onto my list, there may also be a couple where the "ensemble" tag is debatable.

Sean's description is spot on for how I personally view the category as well. Though in the past I've also voted for films that primarily focused on just a couple of characters when the supporting cast was also phenomenal.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
This is very good initiative and nice organization!

Currently, I'm underway examining all involved in the recent Golden Globes nominees, so far I saw almost half of them.

It is good you include here the late 2021 releases that are mostly a festival presentations. I see there one of my absolute favorites.
In addition, I would suggest this one The Good Boss (imdb Release info). Do you think it can qualify to be 2022 participant?

This is very good initiative and nice organization!
Thank you!

In addition, I would suggest this one The Good Boss (imdb Release info). Do you think it can qualify to be 2022 participant?
Yes. I'll add it to the first post. Thanks!

Just realized I forgot a movie in one of the two categories I didn't have a full five of. Oh, well. It doesn't need my help to be nominated anyway.

Victim of The Night
Memoria premiered at Cannes in 2021 and was technically "released" in the United States (where I live) on December 26, 2021 in only one theater (at the IFC Center in New York). It did not play anywhere else in the U.S. until 2022, nor did it play in the UK until 2022, so it would seem that it was impossible for almost anyone in America or England to have seen it for last year's Awards.
So... is it eligible?

Just realized I forgot a movie in one of the two categories I didn't have a full five of.
It's possible to make additions to your ballot up until the deadline. You just can't change the order of anything you already submitted.

Memoria premiered at Cannes in 2021 and was technically "released" in the United States (where I live) on December 26, 2021 in only one theater (at the IFC Center in New York). It did not play anywhere else in the U.S. until 2022, nor did it play in the UK until 2022, so it would seem that it was impossible for almost anyone in America or England to have seen it for last year's Awards.
So... is it eligible?
Yes. I'll add it to the first post.

It's possible to make additions to your ballot up until the deadline. You just can't change the order of anything you already submitted.

Oh, cool! Thanks for the heads-up!

I thought I would have plenty of time this week to get a start on my watchlist, but ended up having to work twice as many shifts as I was originally scheduled. Januarys are just the worst. I did manage to watch one film, but it probably won't be making my ballot.

Hope you guys are having better luck!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I thought I would have plenty of time this week to get a start on my watchlist, but ended up having to work twice as many shifts as I was originally scheduled. Januarys are just the worst. I did manage to watch one film, but it probably won't be making my ballot.

Hope you guys are having better luck!

I've had a similar problem with being busy due to Valentine's Day sales taking up a lot of my time, so I haven't had much time to track down some of the movies near the top of my watchlist, but thanks to cable TV, I've been able to watch a few movies that were a bit lower on my list.

My favorite so far is The Lost City. It's a fun adventure coupled with a rom-com that works partly due to the great cast, and also because flaws of the "hero" in the story add some great humorous moments.

Jerry & Marge Go Large is a good movie that's interesting because it's based on a true story.

Cyrano was only okay, but it was worth watching just for Peter Dinklage.

I'm not a fan of Nicolas Cage, but The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was better than I expected.

My favorite so far is The Lost City. It's a fun adventure coupled with a rom-com that works partly due to the great cast, and also because flaws of the "hero" in the story add some great humorous moments.
I had a feeling you'd like that one, despite only going off what my room mates had told me haha. Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm not a fan of Nicolas Cage, but The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was better than I expected.
I love Pedro Pascal, and Nic Cage sometimes has his moments, so I was really looking forward to Massive Talent. It was a slightly different film than I had expected, but it was still a lot of fun.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I had a feeling you'd like that one, despite only going off what my room mates had told me haha. Glad you enjoyed it!
The Lost City is definitely my kind of movie. It won't win any major awards, but it could make my favorites list of 2022 movies.

Thanks for the recommendation. I hadn't heard of it before, so I might have just passed on watching it if you hadn't recommended it.

I love Pedro Pascal, and Nic Cage sometimes has his moments, so I was really looking forward to Massive Talent. It was a slightly different film than I had expected, but it was still a lot of fun.
I didn't read anything about The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent before watching it, so the only thing I knew about it before watching it was the one line synopsis from the cable guide, and that it starred Nicolas Cage. It was completely different from what I expected, but in a good way.