Famous movies you haven't seen

Tools    

(OFF TOPIC)

I don't know if a thread like this already exists (Mods please re-direct me if it does), but here goes:

(BACK ON TOPIC)

What are some famous/and or "must-see" movies you haven't (yet) seen?

Mine are:

The Godfather Part II (nor Part III)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
A Good Day to Die Hard
Casablanca
Gone with the Wind
Children of Men
West Side Story (either version)
No Time to Die
Dune (2021)
La La Land
Bambi
Dumbo (1941)

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Well, going by Reddit's top 250 list on my icheckmovies account, the top ones would be:

La La Land
Paddington 2
Moonlight
The Favourite
Lady Bird
Roma
Manchester by the Sea
Annihilation
Phantom Thread
Moonrise Kingdom
The Lobster
Call Me by Your Name
The Master
Eighth Grade
The Shape of Water
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward...
First Reformed
The Florida Project
Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Hereditary
Boyhood
The Thin Red Line
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
The Nice Guys

I haven't seen Top Gun: Maverick, the new Batman, or a bunch of other stuff, either.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Mine are:

The Godfather Part II (nor Part III)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
A Good Day to Die Hard
Casablanca
Gone with the Wind
Children of Men
West Side Story (either version)
No Time to Die
Dune (2021)
La La Land
Bambi
Dumbo (1941)
Try watching one movie a night and you could watch all of those within 2 weeks.

Not sure what my biggest cinematic blind spot is at this point. Using the recent Sight & Sound poll as a guide, I haven't seen News From Home, Daughters of the Dust, and Black Girl, so I guess those films.

I'm ashamed I haven't seen these yet:

Easy Rider
Gone With the Wind
High Noon
Once Upon a Time in the West
Singin' in the Rain

There's also that 2000 movie with Billy Crudup and Kate Hudson, but I don't think it counts.

A Clockwork Orange
Jules & Jim
Jaws
Back to The Future
Apocalypse Now
Godfather Part 2
Jeanne Dielman
Sunset Boulevard
Vertigo
Chinatown

I could go on and on all day.

A Clockwork Orange
Jules & Jim
Jaws
Back to The Future
Apocalypse Now
Godfather Part 2
Jeanne Dielman
Sunset Boulevard
Vertigo
Chinatown

I could go on and on all day.
One movie on your list I've never even heard of.

I'm ashamed I haven't seen these yet:

Easy Rider
Gone With the Wind
High Noon
Once Upon a Time in the West
Singin' in the Rain

There's also that 2000 movie with Billy Crudup and Kate Hudson, but I don't think it counts.
Singin' in the Rain is just fabulous. If you are looking for something with great energy and humor, you can't go wrong with this movie.
I love Gone with the Wind, but it is problematic as h ll because of its glorification of the South and it's depiction of slaves as "just part of the family."
Nigh Noon is good but I couldn't tell you why. I haven't seen it in a while. It just a man waiting for stuff to go down.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Ive never seen Evita.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Far too many to list. It's really rather sad...
Don't feel bad you've seen Parasite and I still haven't seen that. There's like 10,000 other famous movies I haven't seen as well. Or maybe I've seen them and forgotten them? Does that even count as seeing them in the first place???

I haven't seen any of these "Star Wars" movies... hard to believe they'd make almost a dozen major motion pictures about a Reagan-era defense system! I've always been too turned off by the subject matter to check them out (not a huge fan of political movies). Who did they get to play Reagan, btw? Or did he play himself?

I haven't seen:

Malcolm X (although I have it on blu ray)
The Last Emperor (I also have it on blu ray)
The Act of Killing
The Turin Horse
Pitch Perfect (have it on blu ray)
the last four Fast and Furious movies (although I have the box set with the first 8 on blu ray)

This is difficult to answer. There are literally thousands of films I haven't seen! Of the more well known I guess are your action / superhero types:

Marvel films, Dredd, John Wick, Deadpool, The Batman, Mad Max Fury Road, RRR.

I also don't tend to like musicals so have no intention of watching La La Land. And most kids movies I put on for the kids as I prefer something else so am not likely to watch Paddington, Inside Out etc. I also don't tend to like Oscar Bait dramas. So have not seen Green Book and won't be seeing that Tom Hanks remake 'A Man called Otto'

I guess the films that I want to watch but haven't, these are top of my ;list :

Summer with Monika
I know where I'm Going
Key Largo
One of our Aircraft is missing
Bad Timing
Performance
Un Flic
Johnny Guitar
The Rules of the Game
Frenzy
Went the Day Well
Modern Times
City Lights
Late Spring
Fat City
Rio Bravo
The Big Sleep

Infact if anyone can direct me where to start with Howard Hawks I'd appreciate it!

Infact if anyone can direct me where to start with Howard Hawks I'd appreciate it!
I've seen:

Rio Bravo
The Big Sleep
His Girl Friday
Bringing Up Baby
Only Angels Have Wings
Red River
Scarface
To Have and Have Not

I think most of these are at least very good and would make for fine introductions to his filmography. As for where to start, I think Scarface would be a fine introduction.

I've seen:

Rio Bravo
The Big Sleep
His Girl Friday
Bringing Up Baby
Only Angels Have Wings
Red River
Scarface
To Have and Have Not

I think most of these are at least very good and would make for fine introductions to his filmography. As for where to start, I think Scarface would be a fine introduction.
Thank you. I'll definitely be watching Scarface at some point, but feel The Big Sleep is the place to start for me.