Rate the Director Above You

Tools    

He seems like a mediocre director known for two movies. I liked True Romance, but it seems like we care more about Quentin Tarantino’s writing on it. And Top Gun I found to be forgettable(I do not like the sequel either I actually found it inferior to the first one). Seems to suck when you are the brother of the guy who directed Blade Runner and Gladiator and the best you could give is Top Gun. It is still a shame that he jumped off the bridge though.

Francis Ford Coppola

He seems like a mediocre director known for two movies. I liked True Romance, but it seems like we care more about Quentin Tarantino’s writing on it. And Top Gun I found to be forgettable(I do not like the sequel either I actually found it inferior to the first one). Seems to suck when you are the brother of the guy who directed Blade Runner and Gladiator and the best you could give is Top Gun. It is still a shame that he jumped off the bridge though.

Francis Ford Coppola

Love The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, Apocalypse Now, One From The Heart, and The Conversation.

-

Andrew Dominik

Welcome to the human race...
(still gotta see Blonde and that might drag the average down but I've found him a fairly consistent - if not great - director)

Albert Pyun

Unless you've already seen The Hunger, Crimson Tide and Spy Game, you should check them out since they might improve your rating a bit.

As for Pyun,
. Admittedly, I haven't seen much and I'm willing to see more. Also, R.I.P. I hope he didn't suffer too much.

Next:
James Mangold

James Mangold (seen 8 of his films)
+

Next:
Na Hong-jin
Very good from what I've seen The Chaser, The Yellow Sea. I've heard The Wailing is great but it's a genre I really dislike so have put it off for ages. 4/5

Next:
Jacques Audiard

Seen all of Kazan's feature length films except the last 3. Probably my favorite director.

Next:
Kelly Reichardt
I adore Kelly Reichardt. Wendy and Lucy probably my favourite. She's so in tune with nature and the natural elements in her films.

Next:
John Hillcoat

I love how gritty and uncompromising The Proposition and The Road are. He's also a good actor's director. I don't love Lawless, but he did the best he could with the material.

Next:
Kathryn Bigelow

Stan Lee (I will rate him 10/10 for amazing marvel content)
Thanks

Stan Lee was not a director and was not the name in the post above yours.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra