Lists! Lists! Lists!

Tools    

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
I'm new here on the forum and I noticed this forum is a big fan of Lists. So I was wondering what everyone's favorite lists are. Lists made on this forum or you yourself!

Show me the lists!

I'm new here too, and I was hoping there wouldn't be lists...lol. I don't really care...I'm just not much of a list guy. I came from a forum that's been shut down, where everyone would post paragraphs...like almost every post. I'm just not one for lists or those game threads. I prefer discussion.

I'm new here too, and I was hoping there wouldn't be lists. I came from a forum that's been shut down...where everyone would post paragraphs...like almost every post. I'm not one for lists or those game threads. I like discussion.
Welcome Roy. I'm sure you'll find plenty of what you like here - there's a lot to choose from.
I'm not too big on games either (at least not the kind that require some sort of commitment) - and I still haven't figured out the many "Hall of Fame" threads.

The Countdowns are the most popular lists here. Along with the Animation one MV just posted there's:

90's
80's
70's
60's
Millennium
50's
Action
All-Time
Documentaries
Television
Horror

There's an upcoming Sci-Fi one here the deadline is February 10th you would've been here a month by that point so you could send a list in for it if you wanted to.

There's also this thread where JayDee has compiled the various top 100's, genre lists, etc, that the members here have made.

I'm new here too, and I was hoping there wouldn't be lists...lol. I don't really care...I'm just not much of a list guy. I came from a forum that's been shut down, where everyone would post paragraphs...like almost every post. I'm just not one for lists or those game threads. I prefer discussion.
Don't like lists, huh?...

Just kidding, I'll admit that I don't really do the game threads either, but there's tons of discussions, you should be fine in that regard.

Oh and OP if you hadn't noticed there is a list section to this site, also look at this thread for member-made lists: http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=31343

You should give us the reasons you don't like lists. Make sure to put them in some kind of concise, succinct form. Preferably numbered so we can refer to them more easily.

You should give us the reasons you don't like lists. Make sure to put them in some kind of concise, succinct form. Preferably numbered so we can refer to them more easily.
LOL...you almost got me there

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"Harry and Tonto" (my #1 ever) didn't even make the "near miss" category, wow..... I'm not one for Oscars, but it won "Best Original Screenplay" and Art Carney beat out Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, and Gene Hackman....

I'm gonna check out the 50s and 60s - I'm sure there's some amazing gems.

P.S. - Why no 40s list? Some of the best movies were made in that decade! 1930s too!

P.S. - Why no 40s list? Some of the best movies were made in that decade! 1930s too!
40's is after Sci-Fi. You are here all the time, Matt how can you not know this?

Nice guys! I looked through a few of the lists and look forward to adding some of my own. When making a list, are you meticulous about the order, or are they just your favorite movies and they are where they are?

Nice guys! I looked through a few of the lists and look forward to adding some of my own. When making a list, are you meticulous about the order, or are they just your favorite movies and they are where they are?
My only advice is to designate if a list is YOUR list - one that you are making and numbering based on your personal choices (that you may want comments or discussions on, but don't want people to interfere with your numbering) or if it a list you want others to contribute to by adding their own entries.

I've seen people start a list and even call it "My List of (whatever)", and someone will come along and add their own #26. on to someone's personal list.

Roy, I haven't made a personal movie list yet and I've been here for awhile. Not because I don't like list threads, I do. I'm just lazy! Though I've had a neat idea for my own movie list for a couple years....well one of these days I'll do it

[ ] Dead poet society
[ ] The man from nowhere
[ ] My name is nobody
[ ] A river runs through it
[ ] Patch Adams
[ ] Braveheart
[ ] One flew over the coocoos nest
[ ] Gangs of new York
[ ] Seven
[ ] Fearless
[ ] Shawshank redemption
[ ] Pulp Fiction
[ ] Forrest gump
[ ] American history x
[ ] Green mile
[ ] Full metal jacket
[ ] Inglorious bastards
[ ] Good will hunting
[ ] Wolf of Wall Street
[ ] Beautiful mind
[ ] Whiplash
[ ] Kill Bill's
[ ] Lucky number slevin
[ ] Fight Club
This is the only list I kinda have, all the movies I've rated 4.5. Don't have a 5 yet

40's is after Sci-Fi. You are here all the time, Matt how can you not know this?
How could you not put my Horror list up!?! Horror movies are the best freakin' movies ever, dude!!! I don't actually know where the hell the list is, though.