Most UNIQUE Movie You've Seen?

Tools    

Eraserhead. I honestly hated it, Lynch's worst film and I like Lynch lol. Just too much weird etc.

Mulholland Drive is by far the most unique film I have seen (multiple times).

I had zero idea about Lynch, zero idea about the plot or what the movie was about. I was so immersed in the mystery and atmosphere, that half of the movie went into minutes. Was trying to find an explanation to things, or what happened but decided to do it at the end. One of the first "serious" and art-house films that still is in my top 10. Dunno but Lynch never captures the same magic of that film with me. Main reason; the characters in Mulholland Drive could exist in real life (y'know not the hobo or minions but the real ones) meanwhile, I didn't really care about Harry in Eraserhead or Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. It just feels so pessimistic and tragic, and it has also a meaning.

Dreams + revenge + surrealistic atmosphere isn't something you find in every movie so it gets my pick.

This is a great topic, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to answer it..."unique" is like "sexy"...it's in the eye of the beholder and no two conceptions of "unique" are the same. I'm sure I've used the word "unique" in writing movie reviews, but I'm sure there are at least ten people who don't think said films are unique at all.

Lord Love A Duck (1966)

I'm putting this on here because it's one of the weirdest movies ever - it's starts out like a typical teen comedy of it's time - with a high school, attractive young teenagers in romances, dancing, beach parties, etc. - then it moves into areas of a very strange father / daughter relationship, alcoholism, suicide, divorce, and murder plots - finally culminating as a zany teen comedy once again. It's really all over the place.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Eraserhead. I honestly hated it, Lynch's worst film and I like Lynch lol. Just too much weird etc..

In the Original Post, I ask for your favorites that are also most unique.

I Clowns (1970). Have seen plenty of circus movies before but nothing quite like this. Seems really different to any other film I've seen. And I enjoy it a lot.

Losharik is a cute short film from Russia and not many know of it.

Pentimento is a unique film as well.

mine is "Inception"

Probably something like 'The Holy Mountain'. Although 'Hausu' is also pretty unique and great. 'Underground' I'd put up there too.
I forgot 'The Devils' deserves a mention. I've not seen Derek Jarman's 'Blue' but that might be a worthy mention. 'Notes on Blindness' moved me greatly also.

Under the Skin. That's the respectable answer.

Just plain weird for weirds sake? Rat Pfink a Boo Boo. Or Fearless Frank.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man comes to mind first. I still wonder what the heck I just saw even though it's been a few years since I've seen it. Other than that, I'd go with Prospero's Books, which does things with rear projection and overlaying footage on top of other footage I haven't seen before or since.

Another one I'd throw into the mix is Tokyo Tribe, a rap musical about a gang war that I love. It'd be interesting to know if that's the first rap musical (it does predate Hamilton, at least). With this movie and Chi-Raq, there should really be more rap musicals.

Thought of another odd one(or two) in "Nymphomaniac I & II".
Would you recommend part II? I watched the first half, and while I found it interesting - it's hard to say if I actually liked it - I'm not compelled to watch the second half.