Adults watching 'kids' movies?

Tools    

So I am 17, and most of the movies I see in theaters are animated movies. Like Despicable Me, Finding Dory, and even Paddington. However, I do still watch movies targeted towards an older audience, like Hunger Games, Logan, and other PG13/R movies.

Does anyone think it's a problem that over teens and adults still enjoy movies targeted for a younger audience. Personally, I think it doesn't matter what you watch, as long as you are interested in it and enjoy those types of movies.

There's nothing wrong with watching what you enjoy

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hellz no. I still watch kids' movies. Watch what you like. There's enough bad stuff in the world today so if you can have some fun watching movies on your own or with your friends and parents then go right ahead.

Hellz no. I still watch kids' movies. Watch what you like. There's enough bad stuff in the world today so if you can have some fun watching movies on your own or with your friends and parents then go right ahead.
This made me realize something else:

Society these days is very focused on explicit content, and in movies at can sometimes be hard to watch. Even adults may be uncomfortable with it, so kids movies are great. Yes, they can still contain jokes that only adults will understand, but they're minor.

This might just do nobody any good.
In this cold indifferent universe, one must seek solace, however minute.

Imma go watch The Lego Batman movie.

This made me realize something else:

Society these days is very focused on explicit content, and in movies at can sometimes be hard to watch. Even adults may be uncomfortable with it, so kids movies are great. Yes, they can still contain jokes that only adults will understand, but they're minor.
Yeah very true.

Last animated family movie I saw was Secret Life of Pets. I;m an animal lover and pet owner so found this to be pretty cute escapism, but some adults were complaining it wasnt suitable for children because there are snakes in it (what the hell and I'm terrified of snakes but they do exist) and a bunny made a joke about putting his owner in a blender which I thought was hilarious. I didnt get the faux outrage. I was addicted to bugs bunny when I was a kid and still watch it if it comes on tv, and that's a lot more violent, but it also turned me onto classical music from an early age.

Here are some other family movies my husband and I have enjoyed together and we didnt feel the need to watch them with little kids to justify going to see movies made for kids.

Hell, family movies are big money earners for film makers so they're doing something right.

Personally, I do not watch kids' TV or movies. I have no desire to watch anything childish. I also do not care for animated movies of any kind.

If other people enjoy them, that's fine.

Some more. Having fun with this

My top 100 is packed with animated movies, most of which are targeted to children. I also have *Batteries Not Included and The Sandlot in my list. I'm 36.

Watch whatever appeals to you. To hell with what anybody else thinks.

Hey Hey, I freaking love foxes. Will check that out, Yam. And I've been meaning to watch Where the wild things are.

Have you seen this one?

Reminds me of this that Mr D took me to for my birthday a few years ago. The kids sitting near us were going off their heads like they were on red food colouring. It;s ws a pure delight. Best birthday present.

Personally, I do not watch kids' TV or movies. I have no desire to watch anything childish. I also do not care for animated movies of any kind.

If other people enjoy them, that's fine.
I like Monster House

No there is nothing wrong with it. Not unless you got to the kids movies wearing a trench coat in a windowless van with a bag of lollipops asking kids to help you find your lost puppy.

But if you just did animated movie, then f**k it. Like what ya like.

No there is nothing wrong with it. Not unless you got to the kids movies wearing a trench coat in a windowless van with a bag of lollipops asking kids to help you find their lost puppy.

But if you just did animated movie, then f**k it. Like what ya like.
Yeah, ditch the windowless van and trench coat, they draw too much attention.