Books or stories that would make a good movie

Tools    

█ █ █ █ █
But wasn't Ranxerox's "girlfriend" (I don't remember the actual nature of their relationship) more or less a child? At least that's my recollection but it's been over 20 years, I think. I'd remember that her being so young actually had some importance regarding how the characters related to each other. Maybe I should try to read 'em again at some point.
Yep, she was a kid for the most part of that, but on two of the later stories (Amen, and Aye Robot) she's depicted more grown up, so i guess it could be solved. If you got trouble finding this comics, just talk to me, i got them all

And after all, i think that even if that happened, they couldnt simply translate the same comics plots into a movie, cause the stories were short. So theyd have to come up with something new, or add a good amount of stuff to one of his original stories. That's why i cited Ranxerox as a good "base", or source for a movie, in my first post.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think the Lord of the Flies, and Frankenstein could still use a much better proper adaptation, than they have had.

You know about the two miniseries and the upcoming film ?

I know about two miniseries entitle Dune and Children of Dune. I own both, but have not watched the entire series.

I do not know about the upcoming film. Seeing that it is popular now to create film series, it might be a good opportunity for a decent film maker, or another opportunity to run a good series into the dirt. Tell me more

I'm pretty sure I've answered this question before but there is a novel written by Patricia Nell Warren called The Frontrunner which I've always thought would make a really great movie. It's about a gay track coach who falls in love with one of the runners on his team. There was talk many years ago that Paul Newman was interested in starring in a film version, but it obviously never happened.

I know about two miniseries entitle Dune and Children of Dune. I own both, but have not watched the entire series.
The only part I haven't seen is the second half of Children of Dune. I liked the series very much though. Dune especially was great, and the sets were amazing.

I do not know about the upcoming film. Seeing that it is popular now to create film series, it might be a good opportunity for a decent film maker, or another opportunity to run a good series into the dirt. Tell me more
I think I know about as much as everyone else. Who's in it and that's all. I read Oscar Isaac mentioning that in this new version you see what a frightening and brutal universe it is, but I think that was also true of David Lynch's version especially.

Actually one of my latest reads would make an awesome movie. It's so heavy on visual and aural descriptions that cinema would seem like a perfect media for the story.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
First Blood and Nothing Lasts Forever.

Yes I know those two novels were made into movies, but I think they could be redone into even better proper adaptations.

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
Netflix series--an idea supported by Terry Brooks himself!--adaptation of Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! (Landover Series). He's the guy that wrote Shannara.

I'd love a remake of The NeverEnding Story, a remake of Another Day in Paradise and an adaptation of the sequel novel Steel Toes by Eddie Little (RIP). Also, I'd personally love more Marlowe adaptations with Bogie (if only, RIP) and a CGI/Jungle Book style adaptation of The Beasts of Hades by Graham Diamond.

Always my go-to answers for these threads.