Mr. Rogers Has Passed Away

Tools    

Fred Rogers was known by people he never met.

Never seen without a smile on his face or approached without a warm greeting ready, his life is a monument to the power of compassion and pure, honest kindness. His popularity endured admist wholly computer-generated children's shows and celebrity-based cartoon rivals. Why? Because there is no substitute for pure, wholesome learning and genuine warmth. It connects with each and every one of us on levels so deep that we often are ignorant as to their existence.

Come out to Pittsburgh and randomly ask someone on the street about Fred Rogers. As often as not, you'll be met with a smile-inducing anecdote. A local man called a radio station this morning with a story about Mr. Rogers in which he comforted a crying, clumsy waitress he didn't know at all.

This is for Fred Rogers, a man who serves as an example for all of us. In his memory, I hope we can all try to do for one day what he did for a lifetime: show true, honest, unadulterated love and compassion for people...just because they are people.

God Bless Fred Rogers. He's somewhere more deserving of his presence now.

It's a beautiful day in a different neighborhood...

Fred Rogers, AKA "Mr. Rogers" from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, the hit children's television show from 1968 to 2000, died today from stomach cancer. He was 74.

Goodbye, Good Neighbor
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mister rogers.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	690  

It's a very sad day today. I grew up watching Mr. Rogers now and then. Although when I grew older I did , to be honest, make fun of him, but I shouldn't have. He's been a great teacher to all and a "friendly neighbor".
It's great PBS will be showing repeats of his program. Kids need him!

We moved several times when I was younger and I always wanted to know which house belonged to Mr. Rogers… he was a wonderful man and taught me that each person is different and unique in their own way… I won’t ever have to ask which house is his anymore… Wakan Tankan Nici Un

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

That is very sad.