Daredevil

→ in
Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
Thanks Yoda, I agree with everthing said.

It's a good film because you notice all the flaws throughout but because it's so fast paced, you don't care and you just go along for the ride.

I feel redeemed for my past pessimistic posts. Once again Hollywood churns out the usual crapola. Since making movies is one of the few things this country does better than any other country, I think this director should be shot for treason. But first lets talk about Ben-Gay. He’s a limited actor who should not be permitted to carry a movie. Sexy!!?? Please. Even I have enough respect for women not to give him that compliment. It’s no wonder he’s not given any long dialogue that might contain any passion. Then this P of a director sticks a music video in the middle of this movie because that’s the easy way to convey storyline to all of the mtv imbeciles. So now it’s time for gal-pal to go bye-bye. Did they have to make DD so incompetent? And why waste time with the typical soul searching dilemma? We know how that plays out. Compared to spiderman.. I was less disappointed with spidy.
But hey, Dr. Banner should make me feel better.

Coolio's Lost Daredevil Footage
Monday, February 17, 2003 9:19 CST

What happened to Coolio's footage in the Daredevil movie? The Calgary Sun reports:

You'll see rapper Coolio's name in the credits for Daredevil, but you won't see his face in the movie.

According to the film's writer and director, Mark Steven Johnson, it seemed like a cool idea to have a major subplot involving a character named Daunte Jackson in the superhero adventure.

By day, avenger Daredevil is the blind lawyer Matt Murdock. Johnson wanted to show what a good lawyer he is, so he created a storyline in which Murdock (Ben Affleck) and his assistant Franklin Nelson (Jon Favreau) were trying to prove their client Daunte Jackson was innocent of his murder charge.

"They actually go out and do the investigating themselves. It shows a very important side to Matt's character.

"He is as much the champion of the innocent by day as he is by night," explains Johnson.

This subplot is just 20 minutes of film footage that will end up on the DVD version of Daredevil.

"You'll see a very different movie on the DVD. We had to tone down quite a bit of the violence to get our PG rating for the cinema release, and there are important scenes for each of the major characters that had to be trimmed

Yoda is right in saying that there are some flaws to the movie. It moves too quickly for the viewer to form real bonds with the characters. It's hard to really root for Daredevil when he confronts the Kingpin. That said, I believe that it is refreshing to see a superhero act like a real person, though. He is conflicted, he has a good and bad side, he's reclusive, and he isn't the perfect, beautiful model-type. You don't want to piss this guy off (we saw a little of this in spider-man). I think that the supporting cast help this movie a lot. As usual, like in anything she acts in, Jennifer Gardner stands out and adds a great deal. WIthout her performance, this movie wouldn't be that good at all.

Bottom Line: Not the best super-hero movie, but a supporting cast and darker character make this deffinately worth seeing. (I recommend).

Originally posted by flickchic
Yoda is right in saying that there are some flaws to the movie. It moves too quickly for the viewer to form real bonds with the characters. It's hard to really root for Daredevil when he confronts the Kingpin. That said, I believe that it is refreshing to see a superhero act like a real person, though. He is conflicted, he has a good and bad side, he's reclusive, and he isn't the perfect, beautiful model-type. You don't want to piss this guy off (we saw a little of this in spider-man). I think that the supporting cast help this movie a lot. As usual, like in anything she acts in, Jennifer Gardner stands out and adds a great deal. WIthout her performance, this movie wouldn't be that good at all.

Bottom Line: Not the best super-hero movie, but a supporting cast and darker character make this deffinately worth seeing. (I recommend).

After seeing it a few times, I realize that there are some things that could be broadened out. For instance, the backstory on Bullseye maybe?? Although i disagree with everything else.
Otherwise....it rocks!

i personally thought it was very well done and a perfect example of the comic book from which it was derived

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
This movie was awesome. The villians (MICHAEL CLARK DUNCAN!!!!) were awesome and the action scenes were well done.

*** stars out of ****

BANNED
I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to as soon as I get the opportunity. I was very impressed with the previews and I used to enjoy reading the Daredevil comic books--it's one of the few comic books with the courage to deal with tough issues (sometimes, at least!).

BANNED
I just saw Daredevil. Very impressive flick and well worth it. First of all, I was very impressed by Jennifer Garner. What a babe! She is hot on TV, but she was gorgeous in this movie, besides conveying a very multi-dimensional and interesting character. Ben Affleck was good too, and really made you feel for the hero. Bullseye was darkly humorous and very scary at the same time--another well-rendered character. The Kingpin was impressive as the bad guy, but I would have preferred to see the villain portrayed by a white actor. For some reason, he didn't have the cold-blooded Germanic brutality and ambivalence that the character has in the comic books. The movie as a whole captured the dramatic intensity and powerful social message of the comic books, but was a little campy at the same time, while the comic books are far more intense and powerful (or, at least, used to be, back when I used to read them). I remember being profoundly moved when reading the Daredevil books way back in the '80's, and while I was definitely entertained by this movie, it wasn't quite as dark, dramatic and profoundly moving as some of the comic books. The central tragedy--the loss of loved ones and brutally broken relationships under the force of economic necessity and "business" (as the Kingpin puts it) was very well conveyed, and the sheer brutality of the course of events that the hero finds himself in and is unable to control is also very powerfully portrayed. At the end of the day, you come out having enjoyed the movie as a powerful dramatic experience with a lot of punch and a strong social message--but not quite the sublime, profoundly moving emotional experience of some of the old comic books in the series (kind of serious for the comics, but you have to read them to believe it). Liked it, but could have been better.

BANNED
After watching the movie, it occurred to me--something that had never really occurred to me when I read the comic books--that Daredevil is really profoundly inspired by Batman. For one thing, Daredevil is blind as a bat--and then, he has a radar sense, like a bat. And, of course, the hard-edged urban setting and the costume are giveaways. It really looks like Marvel comics' version of Batman--but, in my opinion, it's a lot better than the inspiration because the hero, instead of being some wealthy aristocrat with unlimited financial resources, is, instead, a down-to-earth regular guy with profound limitations and frailties--a handicap, for one thing.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by Django
It really looks like Marvel comics' version of Batman--but, in my opinion, it's a lot better than the inspiration because the hero, instead of being some wealthy aristocrat with unlimited financial resources, is, instead, a down-to-earth regular guy with profound limitations and frailties--a handicap, for one thing.
Yeah, that's what marvel do best. They make you feel that anyone in the world rich or poor from any background can develop these 'powers'. I remember climbing the stairs thinking i was spideman as a small child.........ahhhhhh I want to be a kid again.

this movie was okay but, therre were way too many unneeded characters in it. they should've just had one bad guy instead of three. also, they should have showed jon fravreau's character more especially since he is daredevil's only friend.

i would like to say what i thought of daredevil and give everyone a chance to have there say.

i thought the film was excellent. it kept you on the edge of your seat at all times and always left you wondering what was going to happen next. As ben affleck had the role of daredevil the film was not expected to do well but to everyones surprise actually pulled of one of the best superhero roles so far. on the excitement factor this film kept me alert to every small detail in the film. to any of you who have not seen this i recommend you watch it. i give this a 9.5/10

That was a good movie.

Why am I here?
Daredevil was kick ass, much better than spiderman... and Affleck was kick ass as Matt Murdock. It was a cool movie and was exactly what it should have been, a cheesey comic book action movie, full with one liners brilliant!

Sic Networks

"I missed... I never miss."
I've seen it three times and am not sick of it. It's a great movie! Ben Affleck totally looks the part of a super hero. Bullseye was easily my favorite character and not just because he's Colin Farrell (EEEE!! ). All my friends except for two absolutely HATED it and for the stupidest reasons. "He sleeps in a coffin!" "What's with the taking-off-the-jackets-at-the-same-time-thing?"

Did anyone see the Bullseye scene during the credits? I just found out about it five minutes ago! Guess I have to watch it a fourth time... Now, which one of my two friends who liked it want to see it again? *runs to a phone*