I posted this on reddit and on Facebook, and it wasn't a well-received opinion. At the time, I was feeling maybe a little cynical towards my town's film scene, my involvement in it, and I think this may have rubbed off on me. The only way to really tell I guess would be for me to re-watch the film, and I think I'm gonna have to - I feel that I need to watch it again, in a different mindset, to see if I my this short review really reflects my opinions on the movie.

Anyways, the review, posted on Facebook and mainly directed to the people I work with in the Cleveland film scene, as well as general Clevelanders:

My honest thoughts on the second Captain America movie:

If the scenes that were filmed in Cleveland were instead shot in Minneapolis, would you have liked it as much?

Because I feel a lot of the hype of the film, especially around here, was built up around the fact that some of it was shot here, and that may have created a bias towards enjoying it. To me though, it was partly distracting - the people in the theater being all excited of that shot of the shore way. And that's fine, but as for myself, and as much as I support the Cleveland film scene, I watch a movie for its final results, not for its shooting locations. And honestly, I don't know what to make of this movie. Better than Thor: The Dark World, but as a super hero film? If you hadn't been following these Marvel movies since 2008, you could very well think that this was just some mediocre over-the-top action film.

I don't know. 6 out of 10, for now. Make more exciting super hero films like The Avengers. This film and Thor 2 kinda show that some people, myself included, want a massive super hero film like Avengers every time now, and not these individual ones that merely drag out way too long of a storyline that's just milking what they financially can out of these franchises before the "Super Hero Movie" bubble bursts.