All That, Snick, & shows on Nickelodeon

Tools    

There used to be some great shows on Nick such as The Journey of Allen Strange, Figure it Out, Legends of the HIdden Temple, Adventures of Pete and Pete, Animorphs,Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, ect. Some of these shows still air on Nick today. But many dont. There are many new shows and some of them are good.

But now it seems like Nickelodeon has become like another MTV With the Slime Time Live and Concerts they have on there.

What do you think? Do you still watch Nickelodeon? What were or still are your fav shows?

If some of these shows do air, please say so.

The shows on Nickelodeon have gone downhill significantly. Gone are the days where The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Ren & Stimpy and Are You Afraid of the Dark? dominated the schedule.

You're absolutely right: Nick's got an MTV-esque vibe going now. MTV used to be aimed, I'd always thought, at mid-to-late-twentysomethings, but it seems to have shifted to a more "late teenager, early twentysomething" focus in recent years. Nick, it seems, is going one step further, trying to provide MTV-like programming to the 10-15 crowd, before they switch to MTV.

Frankly, I think it's a dumb, transparent effort.

Sure there are some good shows on there like Spongebob or Hey Arnold. But thats about all i enjoy.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
yes yes, those where the days with Salute your shorts, clarissa explains it all, double dare, wild and crazy kids, hmm, i agree that it is gone, and so is our child hood, so the only thing we can do(and i have this)is watch old nickelodeon channels. i have a digital cable box which give me access to 4 different nickelodeon channels, i watch old school double dare.
I do enjoy spongeBob square pants, and the usual Rugrats(old school, none of this grown up stuff), and hey ARNOLD!! Ahh those where the days

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Originally posted by moviefan20
Salute your shorts, clarissa explains it all, double dare, wild and crazy kids,
Good shows... don't forget Hey Dude and the really old You Can't Do That On Television!

I didn't like Hey Dude. You Can't Do That On Television had its moments...and it WAS fun to look back and say "oh yeah! That was Alanis! Whoa!" I dide like Clarissa Explains It All a fair amount (beats the hell outta Sabrina the Teenage Witch, at least).

Salute Your Shorts wasn't bad, either.

Originally posted by Yoda
...and it WAS fun to look back and say "oh yeah! That was Alanis! Whoa!"
I believe she was only on one episode.

Yeah, my favorites were Clarissa and Salute Your Shorts. Are You Afraid Of The Dark? was good when it first began, but later episodes sucked. Anyone remember the episode with Neve Campbell? It was the episode about the soup that was made from people's fears.

You said it man...Are You Afraid of the Dark? was truly awesome early on. Remember the Nosferatu episode? Oh my God...I'm not kidding, man...it scared the ever-loving sh*t outta me! It was a KID'S SHOW, and I know I'd still get that all-too-familiar shiver if I saw it again now. It was disturbingly creepy.

The show definitely went downhill in the later years, though...no doubt about that. Never saw the Neve Campbell episode. Wish I had, though. Thanks to Kids in the Hall, I already know what she looked like at my age (roughly), though.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Radical Ed
What do you think? Do you still watch Nickelodeon? What were or still are your fav shows?

I like Sponge Bob Square Pants, but that's about all I watch on that channel, now. I used to Love Clarissa Explains it All and The Adventures of Pete & Pete. They still air these shows on Noggin, the subchannel of Nick. It shows all old school Nick stuff.

don't forget Hey Dude
Oh, God, what a blast from the past. I used to watch that show all the time. What the hell was wrong with me? But, hey, David Lascher before Blossom and Sabrina...

They still air these shows on Noggin, the subchannel of Nick. It shows all old school Nick stuff.
Noggin is great! Three words: Sesame Street Unpaved. And three more words: The Electric Company.

Sigh. I really miss cable.

You're not missing much. I used to be hooked on cable TV, but honestly, between the theaters, rentals, and the computer, I really don't care for it as much.

Originally posted by Yoda
You're not missing much. I used to be hooked on cable TV, but honestly, between the theaters, rentals, and the computer, I really don't care for it as much.
Says you. I say I'm missing a lot, and I can't f*cking wait 'till the fall, when we can actually afford it again.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Always had a soft spot for `The Secret World of Alex Mack`
Though I saw Larisa Oleynik recently in "10 Things...", and her arse is starting to spread alarmingly for a young lass

Is Legends of the HIdden Temple still on??