Favorite Cary Grant Film

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I didn't see a thread for this and I thought it warranted some discussion. What's everybody's favorite Cary Grant film?

For me, it's got to be North by Northwest. Others that I enjoyed were Notorious and Bringing Up Baby.

Arsenic and Old Lace was fairly decent, though I thought Grant's performance wasn't necessarily the biggest reason for that.

*****you are so close you can almost feel it! Now go to the state where Hanauma Bay resides. Hopefully this new forum isn't being a pain.

Semper Fooey
North by Northwest for me.

Arsenic and Old Lace not Grant's finest hour, but not his fault, he didn't like the way Capra was directing him, pushing him over the top.

Bringing Up Baby and Notorious next in that order.

Philadephia Story one of his best movies, but he was upstaged by Jimmy Stewart.

Topper was probably the first definitive comic Cary Grant performance.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
North by Northwest for me.

Arsenic and Old Lace not Grant's finest hour, but not his fault, he didn't like the way Capra was directing him, pushing him over the top.

Bringing Up Baby and Notorious next in that order.

Philadephia Story one of his best movies, but he was upstaged by Jimmy Stewart.

Topper was probably the first definitive comic Cary Grant performance.
Good calls, but I enjoyed Arsenic and Old Lace, despite how campy he was in it.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Arsenic and Old Lace is one of my favorite comedy films ever. But all in all North by Northwest was my favorite role of his I've seen.

Semper Fooey
Have not seen Monkey Business, but have heard of it.
It's okay, but I think Mr. Blanding Builds his Dream House is better.

Myrna Loy is a much better comedic actress than Ginger Rogers.

The Awful Truth is also better than Monkey Business

And His Girl Friday

Of course we are not talking about the one with the Marx Brothers, which is funnier than the Cary Grant Monkey Business.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'll mention some others which nobody else has. Cary Grant is incredibly good in one of my fave films, People Will Talk, where he plays one of the most-humanitarian doctors in films. I also really like him and his Cockney rhyming slang in Mr. Lucky. He gets to show off his playful, action side in Gunga Din, a rousing adventure. I highly recommend those three films. The sound levels on the different videos do vary, and you have to click on Watch on YouTube when you see it on the Gunga Din one.

&feature=related
&NR=1

Two earlier, not-as-good, Cary Grant movies where he gave solid performances were Big Brown Eyes and Sylvia Scarlett.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjebfmpbrEw

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Love him in practically everything, but this has to be my favorite:

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just watched North by Northwest again. Such a strong, witty performance by Grant. One of the better polished dialogues for an actor in any movie ever.

There are so many options but I particularly love His Girl Friday, Arsenic and Old Lace, North by Northwest and Charade, as well as a couple of early ones where he was very able support to an iconic female star, Blonde Venus and She Done Him Wrong. I think my favourite, though, would be The Awful Truth.

I didn't like the movie much. that is just an average rate movie for me,

I didn't see a thread for this and I thought it warranted some discussion. What's everybody's favorite Cary Grant film?

For me, it's got to be North by Northwest. Others that I enjoyed were Notorious and Bringing Up Baby.

Arsenic and Old Lace was fairly decent, though I thought Grant's performance wasn't necessarily the biggest reason for that.
I enjoy all these movies, but North by Northwest would certainly constitute my favorite. The mixture of sweep and intimacy, of profundity and parody, emerges daringly yet seamlessly and Grant is the perfect protagonist for such a film, a man of easy grace and effortless charm who nonetheless possesses subtle angst and a need to prove himself. Grant rises to the challenge with both power and finesse.

Have not seen Monkey Business, but have heard of it.
... a very funny film.

I don't know if I can narrow it down to one, but my favorites:

BRINGING UP BABY

FATHER GOOSE

THE PHILADELPHIA STORY

NOTORIOUS

MONKEY BUSINESS

NORTH BY NORTHWEST

HIS GIRL FRIDAY