MovieMaker5087's MoFo Proposal...

Tools    

How do you feel about adapting something from one format into a movie?

I just know they're coming to kill me.
How do you feel about adapting something from one format into a movie?
What do you mean, like a book or something?

It'd have to be the original posters own original work; I'm not breaking any trademark or copyright laws, either.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
How about ateddy bear and a polar bear love story

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I'm on board with the Teddy Bear/Polar Bear love story.

Could you imagine all the drama? The Teddy Bear having to live up north, cold and away from it's stuffed relatives. But the Polar Bear is too sensitive and sweet to leave, because it's come to depend emotionally so heavily on the little fur ball.

All resulting in a dramatic climax at the airport where the Polar Bear tells the Teddy Bear to go back home and that they'll always have Antarctica.

That just screams "OSCAH"!

or........:

Everyday I wake up from my sweat-soaked bed and climb out of my cacoon of blissful happiness into a world of reality, a world where a blind dog sees me, a world where those who can see - shun me, forget me, despise me. I think that everyday is like just another nail pounded into my coffin of weighted hate, a coffin that is metophorically - the sky above me, the world around me, the blind fools: they ignore me. But, the blind dog can see me, why?

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Or...

Nothing. A black screen stands alone for what seems like an eternity. Ripples distort the black screen as a dark, sadistic laugh is faintly heard.

The shot starts to slowly change. It comes in to focus as a clear night sky. Stars peppered across the sky. The shot slowly starts moving downward as we see a street sign indicating "Metzner RD." and in the background we see a pretty, classic, white two-story house.

LEGEND: RICHMOND, VERMONT, 11:51 PM

The shot closes in on the house as we can hear a woman talking. We can't quite tell what she's saying. We cut to a red, rotary dial phone ringing off the hook.

Rachel Wilson (Off Screen): Calm down. I'm sure that's him.

A hand grasps the receiver and picks it up, as the shot follows the phone all the way up to the woman's face.

A woman who appears to be in her late fifties gazes blankly.

Rachel Wilson: Hello?

Her face changes from one of indifference, to that of a broken woman. Horrified.

The sadistic laugh from the beginning returns. Loudly cackling. The shot cuts to black. And the laugh turns into a quite giggle. The words "VERLOREN" slowly fade into the black screen. With each laugh, the picture becomes unfocused.
^^^ Just a little bit of what I wrote for that forum contest. It was well received (Unlike the first one I wrote)

We weren't supposed to write it in typical screenplay format, just be descriptive.

Or...

^^^ Just a little bit of what I wrote for that forum contest. It was well received (Unlike the first one I wrote)

We weren't supposed to write it in typical screenplay format, just be descriptive.
What's the overall plot about?

You're a Genius all the time
I just ate three gigantic bowls of Frosted Flakes. Almost polished off the whole box. They were positively grrrrreat. But now I'm starting to feel a little sick. Maybe you could make a movie like that. Some guy sitting alone in a kitchen, eating bowl after bowl of sugary cereal until milk starts leaking from his ears or his heart stops. If you were interested in making a feature film, you could probably get like General Mills or whatever to produce it. Oodles of product placement opportunities. Those corporate fatcats would eat that ruckus right up.

Is there a plot, you ask? Puh-leez, it practically writes itself. Our hero would start with something light, I'm thinking Corn Pops, then move on to the progressively risque cereals. Bowl after bowl after bowl until he just can't take it anymore.

Feeling ambitious? Feel free to flesh out the plot. With a concept like this, the possibilites are literally endless. Maybe a cereal-themed supervillain kidnaps the main character's wife and if our hero fails to eat, say fifteen bowls an hour, his wife is drowned in a vat of freshly milked milk.

It would be easy to write and cast (who wouldn't wanna sit around eating free Captain Crunch for a few days). And it would be really easy to shoot and edit (much like the writing, it pretty much directs itself).

So, what do you think?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
How aout a documentary on midget swingers.

I just ate three gigantic bowls of Frosted Flakes. Almost polished off the whole box. They were positively grrrrreat. But now I'm starting to feel a little sick. Maybe you could make a movie like that. Some guy sitting alone in a kitchen, eating bowl after bowl of sugary cereal until milk starts leaking from his ears or his heart stops. If you were interested in making a feature film, you could probably get like General Mills or whatever to produce it. Oodles of product placement opportunities. Those corporate fatcats would eat that ruckus right up.

Is there a plot, you ask? Puh-leez, it practically writes itself. Our hero would start with something light, I'm thinking Corn Pops, then move on to the progressively risque cereals. Bowl after bowl after bowl until he just can't take it anymore.

Feeling ambitious? Feel free to flesh out the plot. With a concept like this, the possibilites are literally endless. Maybe a cereal-themed supervillain kidnaps the main character's wife and if our hero fails to eat, say fifteen bowls an hour, his wife is drowned in a vat of freshly milked milk.

It would be easy to write and cast (who wouldn't wanna sit around eating free Captain Crunch for a few days). And it would be really easy to shoot and edit (much like the writing, it pretty much directs itself).

So, what do you think?

Lost in never never land
I have an idea, but I don't know if I want to say it, because I don't know if I want to keep it for myself or not.

So I'm going to come up with a different one that I hurriedly wrote one day for a writing contest on another forum.

The basic idea is that there is man who is extremely protective of himself, keeps himself locked into his apartment, rarely leaving it. From out one of his windows he can see this girl walk too and from work every day, and he becomes infatuated with her. So he hires a private investegator to follow her.

All that stuff was pre-story that the audience can assume if they want to, but they won't find out.

What the audience will see is the private investagator dropping things off at the guys apartment, old receipts, letters, bills, magazines, hair, basically whatever is thrown out. The guys uses it to put together this odd puzzle of his to try and find out as much about the girl as possible. Eventually he has a solid collection of stuff and he goes out and buys up everything that the girl likes. From the P.I. he knows where she works and what she does after work, so he makes sure to be at this coffee shop before she shows up, taking her seat at her table, basically mimicing everything that she does. She comes into the coffee shop and he eventually introduces himself and they have a nice little conversation. When she has to go and catch her bus, he makes up some excuse as to why he should go with her (in my original version it is because someone was mugged at that bus stop not to long ago), and as they walk out he starts to act a little creepy (towards her), but so that she doesn't realize it, and there is a voice over of his thoughts, which are also creepy.

It comes out a little bit better when written down completely.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I have an idea, but I don't know if I want to say it, because I don't know if I want to keep it for myself or not.

So I'm going to come up with a different one that I hurriedly wrote one day for a writing contest on another forum.

The basic idea is that there is man who is extremely protective of himself, keeps himself locked into his apartment, rarely leaving it. From out one of his windows he can see this girl walk too and from work every day, and he becomes infatuated with her. So he hires a private investegator to follow her.

All that stuff was pre-story that the audience can assume if they want to, but they won't find out.

What the audience will see is the private investagator dropping things off at the guys apartment, old receipts, letters, bills, magazines, hair, basically whatever is thrown out. The guys uses it to put together this odd puzzle of his to try and find out as much about the girl as possible. Eventually he has a solid collection of stuff and he goes out and buys up everything that the girl likes. From the P.I. he knows where she works and what she does after work, so he makes sure to be at this coffee shop before she shows up, taking her seat at her table, basically mimicing everything that she does. She comes into the coffee shop and he eventually introduces himself and they have a nice little conversation. When she has to go and catch her bus, he makes up some excuse as to why he should go with her (in my original version it is because someone was mugged at that bus stop not to long ago), and as they walk out he starts to act a little creepy (towards her), but so that she doesn't realize it, and there is a voice over of his thoughts, which are also creepy.

It comes out a little bit better when written down completely.
Aw man, this is good *****. How does it end? Drop me a PM if you want.

Lost in never never land
That is how it ends

For a short film/story I'm not that big on third acts but instead to prefer to let the audience fill in a little of the detail that happens after the story. In the case of the written version that I have done, I would say that it is implied that he is going to kidnap her, or something along that line, but I don't ever get to the point where that actually happens.

That is how it ends

For a short film/story I'm not that big on third acts but instead to prefer to let the audience fill in a little of the detail that happens after the story. In the case of the written version that I have done, I would say that it is implied that he is going to kidnap her, or something along that line, but I don't ever get to the point where that actually happens.
I like it.

I feel that the best ideas are the short ones that don't need a lot of special effects but tell a great story; the Twilight Zone is a great example of this.

I'll keep this in mind for a future film, regardless if you win it or not. We'll keep in contact and make sure you get proper credit.