The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Isn't there like an HIPAA law for private forum information?

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I despise musicals. It's my least favorite genre without question. I've heard lots of wonderful things about this particular musical, but have still avoided it. Watching that trailer just now, I am quite sure that La La Land would not be an exception to the "I hate musicals" rule. No matter who voted for it and where they ranked it, I'm not watching this.
It's quite good and has two or three amazing scenes in it, but some weak points as well. What is it about musicals you don't like?

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Seriously, I don't even know if I've seen The Conjuring. The way I get this, and Insidious and Sinister all mixed up is mind-boggling.
Probably doesn't help that Patrick Wilson is in two of them haha.

I also keep getting Sinister and Insidious mixed up. I can keep The Conjuring separate though, probably because its title isn't a synonym like the others are.

It's quite good and has two or three amazing scenes in it, but some weak points as well. What is it about musicals you don't like?
The singing, the dancing, the music. You know, the things that make a musical a musical.

The singing, the dancing, the music. You know, the things that make a musical a musical.
What about The Music Man? If you enjoyed Bringing Up Baby, you might enjoy that one.

La La Land...Yes! Finally a film I love! La La Land totally impressed me with it's chic & timeless tale of Hollywood hopefuls and their love that rises and falls like a bitter sweet melody. The musical numbers were on par with some of the greats from the MGM musical days of the 1950s.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who voted for La La Land.

La La Land is decent but I didn't think it was anything special. I wasn't annoyed that it was a musical either, so that's not it. But it just didn't click with me like say others here on the forum. Maybe I'll rewatch it someday. No chance at my top 25 or even 100 of the decade.

I do like Holden's posters though.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

What about The Music Man? If you enjoyed Bringing Up Baby, you might enjoy that one.
OMG. That one is absolutely wonderful. I mean Bringing Up Baby is a huge favorite, but The Music Man? It's AMAZING. Better even than Quills. I listen to "Shipoopi" on repeat all the time. Best song ever!

I watched about half an hour of La La Land, felt very tepid about it, had other things to do, consciously asked myself, "am I okay just turning this off, most likely never returning to it?" And my answer was. "yes."

The Social Network is one I've never seen, but I just look at what it's about and who it's from, and I just think I'll come away thinking, "this is an okay movie about subculture and generation, written by someone who likes to attach themselves to made up versions of how things are and isn't really that in tune with the culture nor generation he's portraying," and thus have never gotten up the urge to watch it. Whenever I hear scenes of it described, my general assumption feels reaffirmed.

The trick is not minding
La La Land is my #2. Satirizing Hollywood throughout (“they worship everything but value nothing!”), La La Land is a fun ride with exciting dance and song scenes teh evokes musicals of old.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Seriously, I don't even know if I've seen The Conjuring. The way I get this, and Insidious and Sinister all mixed up is mind-boggling.
It's easy.

The Conjuring has Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga in it. Insidious has Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne and features the lady from There's Something About Mary as a psychic. Sinister has Ethan Hawke.

Of those, The Conjuring is the best of the three...it helped that Lili Taylor was in it as well. Sinister is decent, but should have stayed as a one-off. I didn't even care for Insidious, although Lin Shaye was fine as the psychic and they subverted some of the haunted house tropes...such as moving to a new place.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
#5. La La Land (2016) - Saw it during its respective award season. It was OK. I've had some issues here and there but generally we've enjoyed it. At that point, Emma Stone had already become one of our favorite young actresses, so yes, that gave us extra pleasure.
This film belongs to top 100 of the decade indeed, anyway, I didn't know there is so much adoration around here to place it so high...
(70/100)